one

The aura in the library was slightly gloomy; dust particles would fill the air once a book was taken off the shelf, though it didn't bother him. It was comforting, and reminded him of her.

   George didn't quite know was his interest had peaked in the slightly younger girl. When she disappeared, she never left his mind.

   George barely ate or slept. His waking moments were filled with trying to find the missing puzzle piece. What did the numbers mean? Where did she go?

   Although the library's owner, Marcella Kingston, didn't like the thought of anybody staying late, she kept the home of books open solely to him out of pity.

    She tried to help him as best as possible.

    "I've gathered all the books for the months of April and December, pulled from 1896," Marcella says, putting down the books with a thud. George sent her a thankful glance, before scribbling down something in the notebook that never left his side. He originally was using parchment, however, he felt it was easier to have it all with him at once in something tiny.

    "Thank you, Ella. I'm sorry to be such a burden. I just know she's alive...she wouldn't give up that easily!"

   It had been established that the girl was indeed dueling someone. Though, with little evidence to who, and Hazel ending up dead, the ministry decided to close the case.

   Marcella sighed, rubbing her eyes. "How's Henry?"

   George cringed. "Rosalie won't let me into his room. Claims it'll only upset him."

   Henry had fallen ill due to his immune system's strength diminishing, another symptom to his disease. Ever since the funeral, Rosalie and Henry had refused to see George, as it'll only bring up memories of their best friend.

   "No offense, but rightfully so. I agree, something isn't right here, but to them, their best friend is dead. Nobody wants to dig up those memories, especially in their situation!" Marcella scolded.

    "I know, I know. I just wish...I had more answers. Even Fred doesn't believe me."

   He opened one of the books and sniffed, rubbing his eyes. "Do you think you can find any books on flowers for me?"

   Marcella nodded, before venturing off into the library.

   When she came back, however, George was fast asleep on his book. Marcella shook her head lightly, softly placing the books down and covering him in a quilt.

   "What am I going to do with you?"

a/nit's here!! updates are gonna be a lil slow bc it's exam season :(-Ava🖤

a/n
it's here!! updates are gonna be a lil slow bc it's exam season :(
-Ava🖤