nine

"We need a girls night," Rosie declared

"We need a girls night," Rosie declared. Hazel, not expecting the words to fly out of the red head's mouth, nearly flew backward.

"What do you mean?" She asked, combing her fingers through her hair. Rosalie walks over to Hazel's bed, leaning on the post. "I mean, we've barely gotten to hang out since, you know...it would be good for us."

Hazel thought for a moment. She had been too preoccupied, at the time anyways, with figuring out a way to get home yet simultaneously help Harry with Voldemort AND get rid of that god awful toad. Rosie of course had been with Henry. She was soaking up as much time with him as possible for obvious reasons

"Yeah," Hazel said softly, tucking her hair into a braid. "I would like that."

A smile grew onto Rosalie's face. "Good! We bloody deserve a break, don't we?"

Rosalie flopped onto Hazel's bed with a laugh. Hazel chuckled. "Tough catching one when trouble likes to follow you around."

The two had a pint of ice cream each (with spoons!) that they had fetched from the kitchens. They joked, reminisced of simpler yet dangerous situations and times, old habits, to theories on how this happened.

"Hazel?" the quiet tone was unexpected form the usually loud and energetic Rosalie. "Do you think...do you think M-monvela sent us here? Is she going to come here?"

Hazel remained quiet for a moment. "In all honesty, Rosie, I have no idea. All we can do now...is wait."

§

   The brisk Saturday morning air was refreshing. Hazel woke up around ten–and was the only one in the dorm. Cracking her knuckles, her eyes wandered. Shrugging slightly, Hazel threw on a jumper, jeans, and some loafers. However, she didn't even want to bother with her hair. That was a disaster.

   Hazel decided to wander the castle a bit. The halls were somewhat empty, most being outside to enjoy their free time. Eventually, Hazel found herself in the Owlery. The owls chirped as she entered. Sitting on the edge of the windowsill, she curled into herself, watching the trees dance to the wind.

   It was peaceful.

    "You could fall out that window."

    "Good thing I'm not naturally clumsy," she snorted. A smirk dawned across his face.

   "Do I hear a hint of sass in your voice?"

   "Well, I still can hear all of the douche baggery in yours, so..."

    Draco placed a hand on his heart, "Ouch, my heart," he drawled sarcastically.

   Hazel raised an eyebrow. "You're being somewhat civil, it seems your soul isn't completely black!"

   Rolling his eyes, Draco leans into the other side of the windowsill. "Chatwin, tell me, why didn't you tell me your name in the first place?"

   "Isn't it obvious? You're kind of an asshole."

   "Do I sense...bitterness?"

   Hazel abruptly stands. "All I wanted was a peaceful morning, suppose not..."

  With that, she heads for the exit.

   "You intrigue me, Jane Chatwin."

   "You annoy me endlessly!" She calls behind her.

§

YAY MORE UPDATES!!! I'm still super sick, and I missed the dance I've been planning to go to for a month now. Just my luck, I suppose. However, that means more chapters for you guys, right?

QOTC: Favorite superhero?
AOTC: Spider-Man (: