seven

thank you all for 1K!! much love ❤️

   The next few days passed somewhat swimmingly

   The next few days passed somewhat swimmingly. Harry's scar had been hurting, and concern was beginning to etch its way into Hazel's heart. Her scar hadn't stung since she had arrived, which was something else that had worried her. However, that wasn't something she could worry about now; it was time to find a compartment with Harry, Rosalie and Henry (Ron and Hermione having to go to the Prefect's carriage.)

It was a tight fit, but all four squeezed into a place with Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley, and Luna Lovegood. Hazel was off in her own mind, of course, as Henry read a book, and Rosalie looked over his shoulder. This left the others to their own conversations; that is until Hazel was hit in the face with something. Wiping her eyes, she looks pointedly toward Neville. He gasped. "S-sorry! I haven't tried that before! didn't realize it would be quite so...don't worry, Stinksap isn't poisonous!"

With a wave of his wand, Henry cleared the compartment of the sap. Neville looked at him thankfully. 'I don't believe I ever got your names?"

"Henry."

"Rosalie."

"Call me Jane," Hazel says quietly. Rosalie sent her a questioning look but doesn't receive a response. The trio remained silent for the rest of the ride, except for the occasional laughter. That is until Draco Malfoy arrived–the arrogant bit Hazel had heard so much about.

By that time, Hermione and Ron had joined the group. "5 points from Gryffindor because of the mudblood in my presence."

Hazel's eyes narrow immediately. His eyes meet her's. "Who're you?"

"And why should I tell you?" She says coldly. You could see the interest sparking in his eyes. "What house are you in then?"

Rosalie rolled her eyes. "You've been nothing but nasty so far, blondie, back it up."

Henry finally closed his book, setting it in his lap. The two girls of the trio looked at him questioningly.

"Honestly, you expect us to be civil with each other after you just insulted someone for their blood status, which they cannot help. I don't actually understand what the big deal is? Are you all afraid she's more magical than you? Clearly you can't handle that thought, so I suggest leaving."

   Draco shifted his eyes between the three of them. Finally, his eyes rested on Hazel. "I'd tell you to not go making friends with the wrong sort, but clearly you've done so already."

   With that, the grey eyed boy sashayed away.

§

   Though getting scolded by Henry, Hazel skipped out on the feast, opting to go to the Astronomy Tower instead; her usual thinking place

   Though getting scolded by Henry, Hazel skipped out on the feast, opting to go to the Astronomy Tower instead; her usual thinking place. She came here often when everything became to much. The stars calmed Hazel in a way that nothing else could.

   "Awfully pretty tonight, aren't they?" He asked, sitting next to Hazel. She shrugged.

   George nudged her slightly. "Mum always told me not to go to bed on an empty stomach–makes you wake up angry."

   Again, Hazel shrugged. Sighing, George hesitated before continuing. "That star right there, it's Sirius, right?"

   "Actually, that's Rigel. Sirius is over there," Hazel correct quietly. George grinned. "And that is..."

   "Andromeda. One of my favorites. Always thought it was the prettiest growing up," she murmured, placing a stray hair behind her ear.

   "Can you teach me?" The red head asks. Hazel remains silent for a moment.

   "I'd love too."

§short short short!! ah sorry I just thought that would be a cute note to end on

§
short short short!! ah sorry I just thought that would be a cute note to end on. let me clarify she doesn't have a specific love interest yet; you'll just have to wait and see.
thank you all again for 1K reads!! this is absolutely unbelievable and im still in shock. all of your kind words make me feel so elated, and I read every single one.
much love,
ava

celestial {genderbend}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara