seven

"They're getting closer

"They're getting closer. I can feel it," she said as Delphi approaches her. "I feel like you say that every day."

The teen sighed, rubbing her temples. While she adored the company she had been in for the past few months, even she could admit that Delphi's sarcasm was a bit much at times.

She indeed had been saying that they were getting closer every day, but she could feel it. The nagging feeling in her stomach was telling her to prepare for something big. The intuition alarm bells were on blast.

"I don't want you to lose faith, darlin'. I just need you to consider the idea that they won't show up--I don't want to have to pick up the pieces of your heart after that."

She looked down, a lump forming in her throat as the older woman walked away. Wrapping the blanket around herself she had to remind herself of her mantra.

Survive. Survive for them.

~.~

"I think we're on the right track, at least," Marcella chimed, attempting to sprinkle some positivity in the circumstance. George smiled weakly at her.

The two sat next to each other on a train, watching the scenery zip past them. After scouring all over eastern Pennsylvania, they ultimately decided that they would have found Hazel by that point.

George turned over the compass in his hand. Since the moment he had gotten it, it was pointing west. With no other leads, Marcella and George decided that the best course of action would be to follow the compass.

He couldn't describe what it felt like to hold the navigational tool. George had tried to detail the pulling feeling he felt when he held it; it was almost nauseating, but the man refused to let go of it.

"I think we should stop for awhile. It's almost nightfall, and you've barely eaten all day," Marcella said, ignoring the incredulous look from George. "We can find an inn to stay at, maybe look around a little bit."

"Marcella, we're nowhere even remotely close to Hazel!" George stated, getting ready to argue. She quickly cut him off.

"You're going to need as much energy as possible to find her, George Fabian Weasley. I refuse to let you slowly kill yourself and not make it to her, alright?" Marcella said with a deathly serious look etched onto her face.

The train came to a steady stop, and the wizard and witch stepped out of the vehicle.

They had arrived in Indianapolis, a beautiful city filled with large buildings. The two approached a man at a customer service desk and quickly recieved recommendations as to where they could eat and sleep last minute.

George collapsed on the bed at the end, recieving an 'I told you so' hmph from Marcella. George, however,was too tired to retort, and drifted silently to sleep.

Marcella frowned at the sight of the man. He was nowhere near bubbly when she had fist met him, of course, but George wasn't nearly as bad as he was now. Marcella was worried for his mental state; he was slowly deteriorating before her eyes, and she knew it was a matter of time before he broke.

The only thing that could save him was finding her.

Wiping hair out of his face, she gently placed a blanket over the broken man, letting him rest.

~.~

Rosalie hummed quietly, running her hands through Henry's hair. The doctors at St. Mungo's had visited the Burrow recently, and were optimistic about his condition. This was good news, however it was abruptly cut short as Henry began to retch in the bathroom.

Ever since then, the doctors had been relentlessly attempting different treatments. All Rosalie could do was comfort the boy through his pain, and pretend her heart wasn't breaking every time she saw his frail form.

"I'll get better, Rosie," Henry said abruptly. Rosalie stopped playing eith his hair for a moment.

"I know you're worried. I'll get better. I need to get better, because I refuse to leave you all alone. I won't leave you," he continued.

"You can't promise that," Rosalie responded, her voice cracking.

"But I do. I promise you."

Taking her hand, he lightly kissed the back, before returning to the comfortable silence that the once had.

~.~

Happy New year everyone! Now that Nano is over (and with a month break in between) we can get back to our scheduled programming.
QOTC: Do y'all have any goals for this year?
AOTC: My goal for this year is to start putting myself before others by doing things I enjoy (like writing!)
love,
ava