six

thank you all for 700+ reads ❤️
unedited

§

  The anticipation of waiting for Harry James Potter had made Hazel Jane Potter go quiet. No matter who tried to converse with her, she was silent—George being the only one to fully hear her speak.

   Her heart rate would rise, especially when she looked over at Henry. Him and Rosalie were attached at the hip now, yet she couldn't blame them; she wasn't daft, she knew the feelings between the two. It was hard not to see them.

George, again, walked up to the girl. She looked over at him uncertainly.

 She looked over at him uncertainly

"He should be fine, you know. I'm surprised you bonded so fast," George said quietly. Hazel's lips upturned slightly. "We only got around 3 hours of sleep each. We were talking the entire night. Never thought I'd meet someone more like me."

"The advantages of having a twin," George hums. Hazel shakes her head, placing a hair behind her ear; a nervous habit she had developed in her third year.

"I guess he just understands; things could always turn out strange, that's how it works with these realities," Hazel murmurs, messing with the pads of her fingers. George looked a bit confused, but he didn't comment on it. "You should go take a nap, you look exhausted; and I mean it."

She was about to protest, but he gave her a meaningful look. Hazel sighed and nodded. "You can nap in my room if you'd like, I suppose you know where that is," George said, nodding to her.

Waving slightly, she sighed. Nap time.

§

   Waking up is hard as it is, but it's worse when it's to the shrill screams of teenagers.

   Groggily, she picked herself up, and went to find the source of the noise. "HE GOT OFF! HE GOT OFF!"

   With a quick scan of the room, Hazel's eyes locked with Harry's—and in a second her arms were around his neck.

  "You got off!?" She exclaims excitedly.  He nods, a smile on his face. "Thank Merlin! I don't think Hogwarts would be enjoyable without you Harry."

   The festivities had continued through the night; although, Henry was nowhere to be found. Promising to return, Hazel left the fun to look for her sick friend.

   It was no surprise when she found him reading in his designated room. She winced as he coughed, but kept the smile on her face. "Surprised you aren't with Rosalie," Hazel said with a smirk.

 "Surprised you aren't with Rosalie," Hazel said with a smirk

   He blushed. "Hush, Hazel. Rosalie needed some sleep; she's probably in her and Ginny's room."

   "You don't need to keep denying you fancy her, mate," Hazel said gently, sitting beside Henry.

   He sighed, as if he knew this was coming. "It's not the Hazel. It's just...with me...being sick, it'd be like leading her on," he reasoned.

   Hazel gave him a look.

   "You're supposed to enjoy life while you can, Henry

   "You're supposed to enjoy life while you can, Henry. You shouldn't leave her wondering what might happen," Hazel said softly. Reluctantly, he agreed with her. Hazel grinned.

   "Now, come one. We have to celebrate Harry getting off!" Hazel grabs Henry's arm, not waiting for an answer. "Wait! My book!"