ten

The hall was dark and almost ominous; Hazel was weary to enter the toad's office, but she honestly had no choice

The hall was dark and almost ominous; Hazel was weary to enter the toad's office, but she honestly had no choice. She would usually ignore something like this, but Hazel had a feeling that the horrid woman would be staying for a while.

Footsteps made her whirl around. Harry nodded at her with a smile. "Hey Haze. How bad do you think this is going to be?"

"An hour with the toad? Hell," Hazel muttered. She was on edge; something was off about this entire situation.

The two walked into the office together. It was terribly decorated; filled to the brim with pink and cats. Hazel grimaced but sat at the desk in front of Umbridge's desk.

   "Today, you both will be doing lines for me." A smirk was etched into her features, sending a slight chill down Hazel's spine. "Mr. Potter, you'll be writing, 'I must not tell lies.'"

   "Miss Chatwin, however, will be writing something different. 'I must not deceive.'"

   The smirk was replaced by a devilishly sour grin. Hazel froze. How did she know? Did she even know?

The panic rose in her chest quickly. Picking up the quill, she quickly scrawled the words she had been told. She let out a hiss of pain as her hand began to burn. Glancing at it, bright shiny letters appeared on it.

"W...what?"

However, it healed right away, as if the words weren't there to begin with. Umbridge looked at her sharply.

"No healing!" She snaps. Hazel looks up at her, the feeling that had been her chest worsening.

"I...I didn't."

§

   "You know, if Snape found you here, he'd give you detention for the rest of the year

"You know, if Snape found you here, he'd give you detention for the rest of the year."

Rolling her eyes, Hazel turned to the boy. "Do I look like the type that cares?"

"Not particularly, though I'm not surprised," Draco says.

The blonde boy sauntered over, sitting beside Hazel. The courtyard looked stunning at night–this being another hiding place for Hazel.

"Have I told you that you're insufferable yet?" Hazel asks.

"About a million times, yet your still talking to me," he pointed out.

"True."

Silence took over for a few moments. The snapdragons were beautiful–Hazel's favorite flower.

"What was your goal, with sitting here, I mean?" She asked.

Draco remained silent for a moment.

"To figure you out."

Hazel snorted and stood. "I'm not a maths problem."

With that she left, leaving a curious blonde boy.

§
Shortness seems to be an annual problem with chapters.
QOTC: Favorite HP character!
Bonus Question: Favorite HP fanfic character?
AOTD: I love Draco, and Marnie from Tightly Knit {check it out! It's by kmbell92 }