eight

Tap

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Hazel rolled her eyes in annoyance, casting a glance to Rosalie who gave her a sheepish smile. The clicking of the red head's nails were giving Hazel an awful migraine that just wouldn't seem to go away.

Transfiguration was never Hazel's best, in fact, she assumed herself the worst at it. The idea of changing tables into pigs seemed overly complicated and not very useful, so what again is the point in the subject.

As class ended, Hazel shuffled her things into her bags. "Wait up!" Henry called, hurriedly shoving his Potions book into his own bag.

"Henry, don't you have Herbology with Rosie next?" She questioned, walking side by side with him. "Yeah, I do, but I thought I'd talk to you first."

Hazel raised an eyebrow. "Whatever would you mean? You of all people should be freaking out because they're going to miss class!"

He laughed lightly, punching Hazel's shoulder. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You've been seeming a little down lately–"

"You're going to be late Henry! Go!" She said pointedly, pushing him in the direction of the greenhouses. He shook his head. "Be careful!"

   Hazel's first two days of magical schooling were somewhat uneventful. That, of course, is because she had yet to have DADA–apparently a monster of a class with that god awful toad.

  Unfortunately, she had it next.

   Hazel cringed as the smell of heavy lavender and cat litter met her nostrils; the room was bright pink, with brown, wooden tables on either side of the main desk.

    The woman in the front (who indeed looked like a toad!) smiled a sickly sweet smile, eyeing Hazel. "You're...late!"

   "Uh...sorry?" Hazel says with a raised eyebrow. The professor's nostrils flared. "Sit, sit! Who might you be?"

   "Jane...Jane Chatwin," Hazel said quietly, meeting Hermione's curious eyes. Hazel thought of the name suddenly, randomly deciding on the name from one of her favorite series; The Magicians.

   "Well, Miss. Chatwin, 15 points from Gryffindor for your lateness. Now...where were we...ah, yes, continue with your reading!"

  Jane pulled out the book and immediately furrowed her brows. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Hermione's hand up in the air. Professor Umbridge ignored her for a while, however, the flitting of the girl's hand began to distract the other students, who eventually just decided to watch her.

   "Yes, Miss..."

    "Granger, and..."

   That's when all hell broke loose.

§

   "And that's how I ended up with three detentions in a span of 50 minutes."

   He snorted. "I mean, it could be worse, couldn't it?"

   "I think this is the worst! Spending that amount of time with an insufferable toad!?" Hazel argued, throwing her hands in the air before stabbing at her chicken.

   It had become somewhat a routine between George and Hazel; meeting at the Astronomy Tower for dinner, discussing their day.

   "Well, if it makes you feel better, our first prank will be debuting tomorrow," George says with a grin.

   Hazel raised her eyebrows. "Should I be concerned?"

   He let out a laugh. "Just don't have any eggs tomorrow morning, alright?"

   The two joked for a while longer, before Hazel started to point out the stars and constellations to him again.

   "Now that's Ursa Minor, do you know where Ursa Major is?"

   "There?"

    "Close enough!"

 §hi there! this was long overdue, I apologize

§
hi there! this was long overdue, I apologize. I recently have become terribly ill, and we had a snow day today, which is my reason for updating! I was hoping to get this out by Tuesday, clearly that didn't happen...
love, ava

celestial {genderbend}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara