thirteen

"This is a little strange, you realize that, Haze?" Rosalie asked as Hazel put her earring in her left ear

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

   "This is a little strange, you realize that, Haze?" Rosalie asked as Hazel put her earring in her left ear. "Hm?"

   'Well, this little date to Hogsmeade was a little unexpected. It has been weeks since you last saw each other, and he randomly invites you to Hogsmeade?" Rosalie points out, making Hazel reddened.

   "First of all Rosie, it is not a date! Second, it hasn't been...that long?" Hazel counters,

throwing her hair up. "Anyways, I don't have time to argue on this. I have to meet him in the alley behind Honeydukes."

  As Hazel made her way to the dormitory day, Rosie frowned. "Be careful!"

***

   The hallways were eerily quiet; Hazel had just narrowly missed Filch and his god awful cat. As she made it to the hump, doubts crept into the back of her thoughts. As much as she didn't want to admit, it had been weeks since she had last heard from George. Why did he suddenly want to see her again? Not wanting to be late, she disappeared into the hidden hallway, not looking behind her.

 Why did he suddenly want to see her again? Not wanting to be late, she disappeared into the hidden hallway, not looking behind her

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The cool air hit her immediately, causing her to begin shivering. The usually warm shop had been closed already, making it look colder than ever. A feeling of unsettlement went down Hazel's spin. As nice as the invitation was, something wasn't right, and her gut knew that. Yet, she was persistent and stubborn.

   As she made her way to the alley, she sat on a bench against the building. George had yet to arrive, and she thought that she was going to be late, of all things! A shiny light caught her eyes, making her shutter. The memories from that night...

   It flashed again, making Hazel's stomach turn. A shrill noise made her yelp, and she was suddenly overcome by darkness.

 A shrill noise made her yelp, and she was suddenly overcome by darkness

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

   Hazel wince as she hit the ground. Her head was pounding, and she was slightly nauseous, which seemed to wake her right up. However, she wasn't expecting what was in front of her.

   A shiver crawled up her spine. "Hazel Potter."

   The woman in front of her was a sight. Her red painted lips were curved into a smile that could make the bravest afraid. Her long, white hair was in two braids, almost like a halo around her head.  Her eyes were a shocking grey, the stormy tone matching her aura. Hazel's heart dropped as she realized who the woman in front of her was.

   "Monvela."

She let out a shrill laugh. "This is who was chosen to defeat me, the most powerful witch in the wizarding world?"

"You and I both know that Athena—"

"Is dead! I have killed the once most powerful witch, dethroning your precious Athena from her crown."

A tear found its way out of Hazel's eye, and she did not bother to wipe it away. "What have you done? How many more must you kill to realize how much you are in the wrong, Monvela?"

"How much will it take you to realize that I don't care? I will rule the entire wizarding world, and I will not stop," she roared, making the ground shake. Hazel narrowed her eyes.

"That's where your wrong. You'll have to get through me, first, and you're going to have a hell of a time trying, bitch."

Hazel pulled out her wand the same time as Monvela. "Let me ask you, Hazel Potter. What makes you think that you can stop me?"

"I have true loyalty—but you neglect to remember there could easily be a double agent in your ranks."

Monvela's eyes widened. "Avada—"

"Expell—"

The two beams connected, thought it was unlike anything ever seen before. Hazel's stream blue, Monvela's red, connecting them...purple?

Light shot out from the middle, making Hazel grit her teeth in pure concentration. Monvela let out a piercing scream, as the blue began to take over. Just before it hit her, however, she dashed out of the way.

"You cannot kill me, Hazel Potter. You will never."

"Watch me!"

Again, the beams connected, as the two closed in on each other. Monvela grinned, kicking her arm, making her wand go flying. Hazel cursed, trying to dark towards it. However, she wasn't quick enough, as Monvela grabbed her arm.

"I'm not going down alone."

With that, the two vanished from sight as Aurors stormed into the abandoned building. They yelled towards each other, looking for the missing girl, only finding a body.

The body of Hazel Jane Potter.