{Only in my dreams}

The blue in his eyes glittered in the fall moon. He stood in front of me, so close I could feel his hot breath on my face. I looked up and met his stare. He took a slightly bruised hand and pushed my curly hair behind my ears. His other hand lightly touched my cheek as he leaned in and kissed me gently on the lips. I was taken aback but I quickly shut my eyes and put my hands around his neck as he kissed me again.

"(Y/N)" my eyes shot open and looked at the bright autumn sky. "Time to get up" I groan and pull myself up. Maggie is standing above me and she smiles as I squint at her. "You slept on the porch again, isn't it cold?" I shrug my shoulders and point at the big plaid jacket I had adorned last night.

The others and I had stumbled upon a farm a couple weeks ago. It seemed pretty safe and untouched from the walkers. Most of the fences were still in tact and some of the animals were still alive. There were 4 chickens, 2 pigs and 6 horses in all. The horses were my favourite. I liked to sit on the fence and watch them as they lazily ate or occasionally trotted around their enclosure. My favourite was the brown and white one that always came up to me. I had named him Bear. So far everything's been going good. There was a barn, animals, fences and best of all a house which still had some food in it. The only thing that would be even better is if Carl actually acknowledged I existed.

I followed Maggie into the house. Carol, Sasha and Michonne sat at the table as they talked and ate some bread. Rick and Judith sat in one of the old rocking chairs. Glenn came over and asked if I wanted anything. I nodded and he got me some dry cereal (my favourite!) Other than that it seemed like everyone else was outside. I glanced around again looking for Carl but I couldn't see him. I looked back at my cereal sadly and I quickly scarfed it down. "Someone's hungry" Michonne says with a laugh as she walked by me and set her plate in the sink. I smiled at her as I took off my thick jacket. "Are you going outside?" Maggie asked me from the living room. I nodded, "I'm gonna go feed the horses." "Ok be safe!" She yelled behind me as I slammed the door behind me.

I looked around at the scenery and admired the crimson red and pumpkin orange leaves that waved lazily in the wind. I stuffed my hands in my sweater pockets and walked towards the barn. As I walked in I stopped for a moment. I thought about the dream I was having before Maggie had awoken me. It seemed so real. So good. The sad part was, was that I knew there was no way Carl would actually look at me the way he did in my dream. How his eyes screamed I'd die for you but also how they gleamed as they looked at my lips hungrily. I blushed, and grabbed a couple buckets. I filled them with feed and I slowly walked over to the fence. I unlatched the chain and it fell to the side and clanked noisily as I shut the gate. As I walked towards the pasture, the horses perked their ears at me and slowly walked over to the fence. I climbed over and gave each of them some food. I walked over to Bear and stroked his glossy black mane as he greedily gulped down his breakfast. I had named the horses as well, but Bear was still my favourite. There was a black horse and I named him Shadow. The white horse was named Lucy. The two palominos were named Dusty and Spice and the last brown horse was named Noel. After they were done eating, I collected their buckets and threw them over the fence. Meaning to pick them up later.

I walked to the middle of the pasture and looked towards the forest which was fenced off. I scanned it looking for any signs of life. Nothing. The horses had moved towards the pile of hay we had found and I watched them for a moment. I started to slowly back up to the fence when someone yelled "BOO!" behind me. I yelped and jumped forwards. I whirled around expecting to see Glenn or Daryl but instead, Carl was standing there. His arms hung limply over the fence and his sheriff hat was pulled back so I could see his gorgeous blue eyes. He had the type of eyes that you could drown in. He smirked at me as I smoothed down my curly hair. "What's up?" He asked as he climbed over the fence. "N-not much, you?" He walked over to the horses and petted Dusty. He shrugged his plaid covered shoulders and glanced at me. "Wanna go for a ride?"