{My sunshine}

In this imagine I'm pretending that the Wolves came after Carl had already lost his eye
~~~~~~~~
"Please don't take my sunshine away..." I heard Carl sing softly from the other room. It was late at night and Judith had woken up crying. I smiled at how adorable he was and rolled over, waiting for him. I closed my eyes and someone startled me by burying their head into my neck and giving me a raspberry. I laughed and playfully shoved Carl as he crawled back beside me. Kicking off his sweats as he did. "She asleep?" I murmured, stifling a yawn. "Hope so" Carl whispered back.

Carl kissed me lightly on the lips and then on my jaw. "I love you" he murmured, his voice barely audible. "Love you too" I whispered back. "We should get to bed" Carl said, his hair tickling my cheek. "I guess" I grumbled quietly. I laid my head on his chest and sighed deeply. Carl wrapped one of his arms around my waist, our legs tangling under the covers. "Night babe" I said, kissing my cheek.

When I woke up, the sun was streaming in through the windows. People downstairs were talking happily and there was the common clank of a pot or plate. Somehow when we were sleeping, Carl had moved himself on top of me and he was now sleeping peacefully, his head a top of my chest. I smiled, and absentmindedly ran my fingers through his hair. His eyes slowly opened and he smiled slightly at me. "Is it morning?" he asked me groggily. I laughed and pointed to the window, "I think so." He moaned and rolled off of me, rubbing his eye. I sat up and walked towards the door, not bothering to change out of my pjs. Carl followed but slipped on some pants and a shirt.

Downstairs, Carol was cooking breakfast and most of everyone was sitting at the table or the island. They greeted us and I waved slightly, shielding my still tired eyes from the light that was pouring in through the window. After we sat down, Carol set a platter of eggs and toast down. I helped myself and quickly ate. "Going somewhere?" Carl asked me, his mouth full of bread. "Don't talk with your mouth full" I told him. He chewed and then asked me again. "That's better" I smirked, "and, no, I'm just starving." Carl laughed and continued eating.

When everyone had finished eating and left to go do their jobs, Carl and I stayed and helped Carol with the dishes. We took over and Carol went upstairs to change. "What do you want to do today?" Carl asked as he scrubbed furiously at a pan. I laughed, "I'm not sure, any ideas?" I asked smirking. "How about a picnic under the stars and then afterwards I can take you back to the house for some desert. I smacked his arm and blushed. "That sounds great other than we're not allowed to be outside after dark without supervision" I said. "I've got my ways" he murmured into my ear. We finished washing and drying the dishes. We walked into the living and sank into the couch. I closed my eyes but quickly snapped them open when I heard a crash outside. Carl jumped up and I quickly followed.

We peeked out the window. Outside we didn't see anything at first. Then I noticed across the street, the lady that lived there was getting attacked by a guy in a black coat. "Oh my god" I murmured. Carol came down the stairs holding a squirming Judith in her arms. Carl took her from Carol and Judith wrapped her little arms around Carl's neck. She buried her face into his shoulder and turned her head to smile at me. I smiled back and kissed her head lightly before turning to Carol. "There's outsiders in Alexandria! The lady across the street just got attacked!" Carol ran over to the window and peered out. "I don't see anything..." her voice trailed off as she noticed a different person run in the opposite direction. "I have to go and see if Lucy is ok, stay here, lock the doors, I'll be right back." With that, she ran out the door, her knife in hand. I felt sick and I watched nervously as Carol dashed across the street.

Carols POV~

I gripped my knife tightly as I looked around for anyone. I didn't see any sign of life and I kept walking quickly. Lucy's front door was locked and one of her flower pots had smashed on the ground. I looked behind me, back at the house. (Y/N) and Carl weren't to be seen. Good. I edged my way to the back door of Lucy's house. When I got there I was in for a surprise. Lucy was laying on her steps, her stomach practically ripped open. Blood seeping quickly through her shirt and onto the ground. I ran over and kneeled beside her. "L-Lucy, what happened?" I anxiously asked her. She couldn't respond, blood dropped from the corners of her mouth. Her eyes darting from me to the trees that lined her yard. I glanced over there and saw a figure move.

I squinted my eyes and held my knife in front of me. The person finally came out, running towards me. He had shaggy blond hair and his face was dirty. There was a red W on his forehead. What did it stand for? He had a machete in his hand but before he could use it on me, I kicked him hard in the gut and he momentarily fell over. Before he could stand back up, I jumped on top of him and sank my knife into his head. I panted and looked back at Lucy. She wasn't breathing anymore and her eyes looked glazed. I sighed and knelt back down next to her. I shut her eyes, "I'm sorry" I whispered before I slid my knife into yet another skull.

(Y/N)'s POV~

We waited anxiously for Carol to come back. We had no guns, they were all locked up in the armoury. The longer we waited the louder the noise got outside. Finally, we heard four distinct thumps on the door. We opened the door a crack and Carol barged in panting. Her hands were covered in blood and her hair was a mess. The knees on her pants had grass stains on them. "Thank god!" I sighed as I hugged her quickly. "We have to go and get the guns" these people are merciful and will kill and do anything." Carl and I looked at each other. "I'm going to pretend to be one. I'll sneak over to the armoury and grab the guns.  I want you two to stay here and protect Judith. Ok?" "Ok" we said, nodding our heads in agreement.

A couple minutes later, Carol came back downstairs. She had on a black coat with the hood pulled up. A bandana hung loosely around her neck, I'm guessing she was going to pull it over her mouth. The last thing was a large W written in what I thought was blood, on her forehead. "I'll be back, stay here" she instructed. "Be safe!" I yelled worriedly behind her as she crept out the door and disappeared down the street. I paced back and forth for awhile. "There's nothing we can do" Carl murmured, trying to get me to sit down. I just shook my head and kept pacing, occasionally looking outside.

As I glanced out the window, I noticed Ron, struggling on the road with someone. "Oh my god, what is Ron doing out there?!" Carl ran over and looked, "oh my god" he muttered. He handed me Judith and ran into the kitchen. When he came out, he was holding a gun. "Where did you get that?" I asked him quickly. "Carol told me where it was, for protection" he told me as he headed for the door. I kissed him quickly, "just go get Ron and get inside" I told him anxiously. He nodded and ran down the steps to Ron. I clutched Judith and looked once again out the window. I heard a loud bang! Carl shot the guy and was helping Ron get up. I ran over to the door and opened it. "Get inside!" I shouted at them. Carl glanced at the guy he'd shot. He looked down at him and turned to go. The guy grabbed Carl's leg and pulled out a knife, trying to stab him. I whimpered, tears brimming my eyes. Carl wrenches his door from the guys grasp and put a bullet in his brain.

I sighed and yelled again for him to come in. Carl and Ron ran over to the house. Ron ran up the steps and I let him inside. Carl was making his way up the steps when a guy jumped out from behind one of the bushes. "Carl!" I screamed. Before Carl could react, the guy stabbed him in the abdomen. I screamed. Carl managed to shoot the guy before falling down the steps. Tears streamed down my face, I handed Judith the Ron and ran down to Carl. His blood was dripping onto the ground, staining it. His shirt turning a bright crimson. "Carl!" I yelped again, as I dropped beside him and cradled his shaking body. "I-I don't know what to do" I sobbed. "We should move you inside" I said. Carl just shook his pained eyes, tears running down his freckled face.

He knew he wasn't going to make it without immediate help. So did I. I sobbed into his chest. He kissed my cheek lightly, "I love you s-so much." "I love you to" I said crying even harder. "C-can you sing?" he asked me gently, his hand over his wound. I wiped my tears and gripped his hand, stroking his hair. "You're my sunshine, my only sunshine" I murmured into his ear softly. "You make me happy, when sky's are grey" I rocked his shaking body back and forth, my tears falling onto his chest. "You'll never dear, how much I love you" I kissed his lips before singing the last part. "Please don't take my sunshine away" I finished the song, choking on a sob. Carl's eyes fluttered, "I love you" he whispered. With that his eyes went blank, his chest stopped rising. "No, no, no, this can't be happening" I yelled. I wiped his tears and let my head fall onto his chest. Letting all the chaos happening,  surround me.
~~~~~~~~~
Once again, I didnt know how to end that lol. Sorry I made Carl die. This is the only imagine I'll write where that happens. It's almost Friday! Have a good Friday eve.

Song you should try: The Wire/HAIM

-Lily