{Blue Hydrangeas}

This imagine might have some fluff and like slight smut but not anything crazy lol.
~~~~~~~~
It's been a week and a few days since they left. Every night I lay awake at night with the window open. Letting the cold air surround me and hopefully but unsuccessfully wash away my worrisome thoughts.

Tara and I are the only ones from our group left at Alexandria. The others were on a run. A run that was only supposed to last for a day or two. I stood up from my sitting position and went to my open window. Thoughts tumbled through my head as I thought about the night before Carl left.

I'd only had a bottle of beer, two at the most. That was it. So why did the walls look weird and why did everything make me laugh? I hiccuped and giggled as Enid helped me up the front porch. I leaned into her shoulder and laughed then I shushed myself. I gave her a sloppy hug and went inside. I thought I was the only one home until I saw Carl reading a book on the couch. I threw my coat on the ground and ran over to him, flinging his book on the ground and jumping into his lap. He looked surprised but not in a bad way, I'm usually not like this.

I started to kiss him quite roughly. He pushed me away for a minute. I stared at him like a little child who'd just got their candy taken away. "How much have you had to drink?" I leaned in and kissed his lips then moved to his ear, "only one" I whispered. I leaned back and smiled at him. He smirked and I jumped off him and led him up to my room. I immediately started undressing him as he did the same. He kissed me in between and whispered sweet nothings in my ear. We even ripped off our underwear-eager much.

I pushed him down on my bed. Wanting to scream for him to do whatever he pleased to me but instead waited patiently like the 'good girl' I was. After he flipped over and he was on top it was a blur. All I remember is our hot sweaty bodies on top of each other, my fingers knotted in his wet hair. Screams mixed with moans and Carl cursing in my ear which made me want even more. In the end we probably woke up, well, everyone. But at that moment we honestly didn't care. I know for a fact Daryl and Glenn heard us because we both got teased the next morning.

I peeled myself away from the window, blushing at the thought of the memory. I glanced at my bed where almost every encounter like that had happened. Unable to sleep like usual I tiptoed down the hall, scared to wake up Tara.

I put on a coat and shoes and went for a small walk. I liked to walk to this small garden where these blue hydrangeas like to grow. Last year Carl gave me a bouquet of them as a present and ever since then they've been my favourite. I broke one from its stem and held it to my nose. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

I felt like I'd been there forever when I finally opened my eyes. I stood up and walked back to the house.

I walked up to my room, shut the door and laid down under my covers. Anxiety clawed at my chest but I finally fell into a restless sleep, the hydrangea still in my hand.

The next morning
~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Tara running into my room. "They're back!" she breathlessly exclaimed before running back out the door. For a moment I didn't know what she was talking about but caught on quickly. I threw the blankets off myself and ran out the door. I almost fell over as I scrambled down the stairway and out the front door.

A small group was standing by the gates and I saw Tara hugging Rosita. I looked for Carl until I saw him talking to Rick about something. My lips curled into a smile and I ran over to Carl. And literally jumped on him. He looked really surprised but smiled when he saw my face. I wrapped my legs tightly around his back and he struggled to hold me.

I leaned in and kissed his lips shortly. I pulled away and put my hand on his cheek, "hi" I murmured. "Hey sweetheart" Carl whispered as he put me down.

Carl picked up his backpack and took out a single flower. "I saw this and thought of you" he said as he put it behind my ear. I touched it lightly and blushed. "I've missed you so much" Carl mumbled as he kissed my lips again. All I could do was nod and smile at the moment.

When we got back to the house Carl went to have a shower. As he did that I sat down at the small desk in my room. I placed the hydrangea he gave me on the side, the sun shining through the window on it. I opened up a battered notebook I liked to write in. I flipped through the many pages that I'd used up to a blank one.

I tapped my pen against the paper as I placed the flower on the paper. Then I wrote down 10 words. Dear diary, Carl's back and there's no more grey skies. I smiled to myself and closed the notebook as Carl walked through the door. He scooped me into his arms and as we hugged there all I could think was that it was going to be ok.
~~~~~~~~
So I don't really know how I feel about that one lol. It was ok I guess. Sorry it took so long to write, I used to publish way more often. Anyways there's only one month left of school then I'm freeeeee!

Song you should try: Coachella-Woodstock in my mind/Lana Del Rey

Xoxo, Lily