{The trees have eyes too}

Carl. He was constantly on my mind, constantly. His gorgeous blue eyes that I could drown in. His perfect lips that I wanted to kiss so badly. And his long brown hair that I wanted to run my fingers through. Except, there was that small problem that Carl barely ever talked or looked at me.

It's been weeks since we've had a place to sleep that had a roof. We had no food, water, blankets, tents and bullets we're slowly dwindling. The sun was excruciating and it beat ruthlessly down on my back. Rosita shuffled along beside me. Her sweaty brown hair pulled into two ponytails. She knew about my crush on Carl. So did Maggie and Tara. They all thought we'd be adorable together, just like I did.

Carl was up ahead and he shifted Judith in his arms. I sighed and stared at my shoes. "Why don't you go and talk to him?" Rosita whispered hoarsely into my ear. I shook my head quickly, my cheeks turning red. I'd only talked to him once or twice and it was usually to ask if he knew where someone was. And once I tripped over my own feet and fell onto my face after I'd asked him. I'd ran to my room and cried after it happened, it was back at the prison.

The sun was beginning to set and the sky was alive with colours. I smiled momentarily as I admired them but was quickly snapped back to reality. "We stop here, maybe we can even find some food" Rick instructed. Everyone nodded in agreement and Carl obediently followed Rick. Everyone else quickly trailed behind him as well. We found a relatively nice spot in the forest and everyone dropped their bags with a relieved sigh. I sat down on the dusty ground and looked around. Carl was staring right at me. He quickly darted his eyes away when he noticed that I saw though. My heart sped up and I blushed, hoping Carl didn't see me blush.

Daryl and Rick decided to go hunting. Leaving the rest of us to make a fire. Tara and Eugene got to work on that, leaving the rest of us to just sit around. Carol had taken Judith from Carl. I glanced over at him and he was drawing circles in the dirt with a stick. The sun was almost fully set and I peered up at the sky. I heard Maggie laugh and Tara yell at Eugene about something or rather. When I looked back down at my hands I didn't notice Carl was standing over me. I let out a small gasp and he smirked. "H-hey" I greeted him slowly. "Hey, do you wanna go for like a walk or something?" I looked at his beautiful face and then around at everyone. "Are we allowed?" I asked him as I stood, my knee cracking in the process. "They won't care" he murmured.

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders, "sure, why not" I replied. Carl led me to an overgrown path and we started walking. "How did you know this was here?" I asked him, breaking our silence. "I saw it when we were looking for a place to stop. I wanted to see where it led." I nodded my head and pulled at my shirt awkwardly. Carl shifted the backpack on his shoulder and I stepped over a broken branch. After about five more minutes of walking we stumbled upon a small but pretty, pond. I breathed in the fresh night air and made my way over to the slightly muddy bank.

Carl took a seat on a log as I gingerly stepped into the frigid pond. Carl opened his backpack and took out two glass bottles. "Want one?" he asked me from where he sat. I turned around and got out of the water. I walked over to him and he handed me one. "Beer?" I asked him. He just nodded as he took the cap off of his bottle. "Where'd you find it?" I murmured as I sat down on the grass, facing him. "I found it a long time ago. I've been saving them" he replied back, taking a sip. I've never had alcohol before and I nervously gulped before talking swig.

It tasted horrible! I forced it down my throat, trying not to let Carl see my disgusted expression. "Like it?" he asked me after a moment. I glanced at the bottle and then at him, "to be completely honest, it tastes like crap" I said with a smile. Carl laughed and flashed his amazing smile at me. I set the bottle down and stared out at the pond. "It's nice" I heard Carl murmur behind me. I looked back at him and smiled. "It is" was all I could think to say. "I wish this never happened" he said quietly, his almost empty beer bottle dangling in his hands. "Then maybe my mom would be alive. Sophia, Shane, Beth, Hershel, Dale." I only knew a couple of those people but I felt awful. "I'm so sorry Carl" I whispered as I got up and sat next to him. He gave me a tiny smile and looked up at the sky.

Probably twenty minutes after, Carl and I were standing in the pond laughing. I'd drunk half of my beer and already felt tipsy. Carl had drank the other half, his bottle and a couple of sips from some whisky he'd stolen from Daryl. Carl was definitely beginning to get drunk. However he seemed happy, which made me happy. Carl took another couple sips from the whiskey. I took the bottle from him and tentatively took a small sip. It burned my throat and I coughed. Carl laughed and took a sip without coughing to make me mad. "Wanna swim?" he asked me quickly. I nodded my head with a giggle and we ran out farther into the cold pond.

We didn't even take our clothes off before we swam into the neck deep water. Carl had dropped the whiskey by accident on our way out. He'd stared at it for a moment  before slipping and saying, "I'm sorry fishy's!!!" I laughed at his adorable behaviour. Carl and I paddled around a bit before we got to cold and swam back to shore. I laid down in the grass, my clothes and hair soaking wet. Carl sat down next to me. "I have an extra shirt in my bag that you can borrow" he told me slowly as he ripped up pieces of grass. "Ok thanks!" I said sweetly into his ear. I found the shirt and walked into the forest a bit so Carl couldn't watch me change. I tugged my uncomfortable shirt off and slipped on Carl's baggy t-shirt. It smelled like wildflowers. I walked back to Carl and stopped short when I heard him talking to what looked like a worm. "I think-think I love her" he whispered not so quietly. "But I don't think she likes me" he murmured sadly. I wanted to go over and kiss him but I stayed where I was. "So shhhh, don't tell her or anyone! Goodbye mr.doodle!" And with that he dropped the worm on the ground and laid back.

"Hey" I greeted him casually. "Hey" I said back, sounding a bit tired. I laid down beside him. Without thinking about what I was doing, I said it. "I heard what you said" I muttered. Carl turned his head slightly. "Did mr.doodle tell you?" he said in a slightly hurt voice. I stifled a giggle, "no-no mr. doodle didn't tell me." Carl sighed a cute breath of relief. "If he didn't tell you then I guess you wouldn't mind if I did this." Before I knew what was happening, he leaned over and kissed me sweetly, his mouth tasted of liquor. My breath hitched in my chest and I blushed.

Carl pulled away from me. "I-I'm sorry" he said, not looking at me. "No, it's ok, I liked it" I whispered into his ear. He glanced at me and smiled wryly, "good cause I did too" he said in a hushed voice. "But why'd you bring me out here?" I asked him. "I wanted a moment alone, and Maggie was the one who suggested it" he murmured to me. "Maggie?!" I said slightly loudly. "Yeah, she knew I liked you so she suggested it." I smiled to myself, good one Maggie. I was about to say something else when Carl kissed me again. This time it was a bit more rough and I loved it. Carl moved himself on top of me and I wrapped my arm around his neck. Carl slid his hand under my shirt for a moment and I pulled away. "Not here" I whispered into his ear with a smile.

"No ones here, why not?" he asked me with a coy smile. "Well the trees have eyes too" I said with a tiny laugh. The beer and whisky must've been getting to my brain. Carl smiled and laughed quietly into my neck. "Well they better close their eyes then" he whispered back to me before he leaned and started kissing me again.
~~~~~~~~|
That was kinda lame. Sorry it took me so long to post, I had a busy weekend. Thanks for reading all these imagines so far, I love you guys! Oh and sorry for any spelling mistakes

Song you should try: Love on The Brain/Rihanna

-Lily