Part 11

Kookie Pov~

There was a soft knock on the door, I frowned and turned my head to where the noise came from. I haven't seen another angel - besides hyung - since I arrived, so it was a bit of a shock to have someone knocking on my chamber door.

"Um hello?" I asked nervously

Another soft knock echoed on my the door. I dragged my eyes away from the portal and walked towards the door.

"Hello?" I called again and slowly opened the door.

A petite girl was hovering a few inches off the ground, she gave me a bright smile and waves cutely. Her wings seemed almost too big for her body, yet they moved gracefully through the air and she seemed perfectly stable with them. "Hiya! I'm Sooah~!" She said cheerfully and slowly made her way into my room

"Y-You can fly?" I said in awe at the way her wings were slicing thought the air in sharp swift moments

She snorted and looked at me. "These wings aren't just here to look pretty y'know. What did you think the wings were for?"

"Oh..." my cheeks turned red as I realised how stupid I had been. "I've never tried..."

"It's easy, I'll teach you" she landed back on her feet. "Relax and imagine you're as light as a feather, feel the air around your and imagine you're gathering it all underneath each wing and let it move you upwards"

"Umm.. okay" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My nose crinkled, it felt so stupid to do this in front of a random angel girl. After a few minutes of nothing happening, I opened my eyes and pouted a little. "I can't do it"

"I was kiddding" she snorted again. "Just wiggle your wings around til you're off the ground.".

"Hey! You meanieee!" I did as she said, my wings slowly started to spread, my bones clicked until they were in their full glory. I hesitantly wiggled, in response my wings started to flap in jittery, un-coordinated movements. I giggled in amusement as my feet started to leaving the ground. "Sooah!" I exclaimed in disbelief, everyone dreams of flying as a kid, but actually doing it is something else. I felt so weightless, so free, so alive. Soon movements became more graceful and I was able to move around. I had completely forgot about Sooah until I heard am impatient cough break through my childish giggles.

"Oh... sorry Sooah!" I shakily landed on my feet, my wings folded back down to my back and I smiled at her. "Oh... by the way I'm Kookie!" I bowed

Sooah smiled softly. "I noticed that you haven't been out of your room since you arrived here Kookie"

"I'm allowed to go out?" I cocked my head

"Of course... heaven isn't all work." She chuckled lightly. "Plus don't you get bored staring at the portal all day?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm drawn to it... honestly it's hard to take my eyes off of it"

"Hmm... interesting..." she looked at the portal and pursed her lips

"What? Is something wrong?"

"No, Kookie... anyway lets go and explore?"

"Um are you sure it's alright?"

"Of course!

As we stepped out of the room we were met with the most exquisite view anyone could hope for. Directly in front of them stood an austere palace. The entirety of the palace was made out of an auriferous gold medium that had an ersatz pearlescent luster about it. Scintillating crystals, embedded in the precious rock, reflected each beam of dazzling sunlight. It spliced the rays, showering the scenes below in a multitude of alluring hues.