Part 15

Tae POV~

I quietly walked to the cemetery, holding the letters and flowers in my hand. I kept my head down to keep the wind from hitting my face. I shivered lightly when a gust of wind blew at me harder. I buried face deeper into the red scarf around my neck and let out a shaky sigh. 

Spring was coming, my favorite season. Things were starting to warm up a bit, and the flowers started to bloom again. Making the world a bit prettier and smell a little nicer. I lifted my head a little bit and looked around at the trees around me. Small little buds of flowers were just starting to bloom on the trees. I smiled a little bit to myself and touched one of the flowers as I walked past the tree. 

I stopped at the entrance of the cemetery and stared at the gate. I sighed and placed my hand on the door and pushed it open effortlessly. I closed it behind me and went over to Jungkook's grave stone. I purposely walked slower, just so I could spend more time here. I stopped when I reached his grave. I knelt down in front of the grave stone and wiped away the frost, smiling a little when I saw his name etched across the polished stone. I traced his name with my index finger, sighing a little. 

"Hey Kookie..how have you been?" I whispered softly. I sat there and stared at the rock, like I was expecting an answer. I looked at the grass and sighed softly. I pulled the letters out of my pocket and set them on the stone, along with the small bouquet of flowers. I pulled my hand away from the stone and looked down at it. 

"I won't be coming back as often Kookie..I need to focus on getting better. I know..I don't wanna forget this ever happened, but I can't live in this pit of hopelessness anymore. I need to try and to get better. Not for me, but for us both. I don't want you to be sad because I'm sad. I'll keep living and be happy for both of us Kookie. I promise" I said softly to the stone, I kissed my fingers and pressed them to the stone gently. I closed my eyes for a moment before standing up straight and walking back to the exit of the cemetery. 

I looked back over my shoulder at his gravestone, giving a small smile before turning back and leaving the cemetery. I let out a deep breath and started walking down the street. The wind picked up a bit as I headed downtown to meet everyone at a cafe. I was finally going out and being with people for once. I removed my scarf and smiled as I took a deep breath again. I looked up at the sky and smiled at it. 

"I pinky promise Kookie...I'll stay happy for both of us" I whispered, once again, before holding onto the locket around my neck and kissing it gently.