Part 12

I stared up at hyung, devastation and anger bubbled up inside me. I gritted my teeth and looked down at my empty hands, then closing my eyes tightly and clenching my fists. 

"I'm sorry Kookie.." Hyung said softly. I jumped up and shoved him away from me, warm tears were now rolling down my cheeks heavily without me realizing. Soft broken sobs escaped my lips as I looked down at the ashes of the letters on the floor. 

"Kookie.." Hyung said once more. 

"Go away" I managed to get out past my sobs and knelt onto the floor in front of the letter ashes. I wiped away my eyes with the sleeve of my coat and sniffled as my shaky hands reached out to the ashes. They disappeared into thin air before my fingers even got close to them. I looked up at hyung with sad eyes. 

Hyung just looked down and poofed himself out of the room. I looked back down at where the ashes were, loud broken cries left my mouth as I covered my face. My warm tears soaked my hands, I pulled them away and wiped the palm of my hands on my clothing. 

I stood up with shaky legs and made my way over to the portal. I sniffled and waved at the portal to turn it on. The clouds swirled for a moment before clearing up and showing Taehyung to me, giving me a small smile on my face. I sat down in the chair that was facing the portal and wiped my nose before lifting my head to watch Taehyung. 

He was writing again. 

***

Hey Kookie...

I know you don't get these letters. I don't know why I still write these for you, I guess I just like to pretend that you aren't really gone, that you're just on a trip and will come back soon. 

Writing these letters just makes it feel like you're still here, like you never left. You could say it gives me some sort of closure. 

Jimin and Yoongi are back together. I know you probably don't care about Yoongi and don't wanna hear about him but Jimin looks happy again. I haven't seen him smile like this since before you left. It's nice to see somebody happy.. 

Jin and Namjoon are the same. He has been sad lately, probably since it's already been about 2 months since you left. He still blames himself for why you did what you did. Yeri has disappeared. Jin said she was sent to an all girls school or something like that. I really don't care, I'm glad she's gone. She's why all this happened in the first place. 

I'm sorry about the things I put you through. It must have been torture, especially when I asked you for advice about her. It must have hurt you more than anything. 

I feel so stupid for not noticing anything before. I can be so stupid sometimes..

I'm sorry Kookie. I'd do anything just to have you back down here with me. 

I'm not doing good in school Kookie..I failed practically almost all of my tests. Either D's or F's. I know, you're probably not happy with me. I'm not happy with myself either. I just have given up I guess. i'm starting to slowly realize that you're gone. And I don't even wanna believe that you're gone, that you'll be back. 

People are telling me that I need to accept that it happened and that I should move on. I don't know how many times I have said it, I don't wanna move on. I knew you since we were 6. I always hid my feelings deep inside myself, afraid that you wouldn't accept them. I know we weren't dating long. But it felt like we had been dating for years. Now I'll never get those years when we weren't dating back.. 

I won't move on Kookie..I pinky promise you. 

See you later Kookie, I love you. 

~Tae <3