Part 16

Third Person ~

Several beings gathered in the hall, heated discussion passing between them in the form of whispers. They glowed and shone as they hovered above the slumped body of another angel.

"What's wrong with him?" A calm voice flowed melodically through the air ricocheting of the pearly white walls dramatically.

A wave of cautious shrugs and slight head shaking rippled through the crowd.

"Is that Jungkook?" A squeaky voice asked, as a small raven head bobbed up and down, trying to get a look at the angel on the floor.

"Oh my gosh!" Soomi exclaimed and rushed to his side once she had made her way through the crowds.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?"

Slipping onto her knees, she reached out to shake him back to consciousness. As she reached down Jungkook's body started to flicker and her hands passed through him. She retracted her hand, stunned, confused. Her small eyes widened and she sat next to him completely shocked.

A serious of loud gasps erupted through the group as they were completely astounded by the body of the boy that seemed to be flickering in and out of existence.

"His wings!"

"I've never seen anything like it."

"Some one better call the head angel..."

"J-Jungkook?" Soomi whispered hesitantly as brilliant white feathers began shrivelling into ashy grey and falling from his wings.

Within minutes the boy began loosing his electric blue aura. A scattering of grey feathers laid around him in a confused mess.

***

"What do you know about Jungkook?"
Passing angrily up and down his office the head angel glared at Soomi

"N-Nothing, oppa I don't know anything"

"LIAR!" He shouted. His calm facade shattering suddenly, as his fist slammed down onto the table.

Soomi looked down, intertwining her fingers nervously. She mumbled something incoherently.

"Speak up"

"He's started to remember... he's falling in love again"

"And tell me child..." the head angel said calmly. "What happens when an angel falls in love?"

"I-I don't know..."

"They do exactly that..."

Soomi frowned softly. "I don't understand"

"They fall in love... they fall from heaven"

"Oppa, you don't mean..?"

The head angel shook his head and turned around. With a flutter of his wings he launched himself into the air and towards an extensive bookcase. Plucking a book from the shelf, he returned to Soomi. His tattooed fingers ran themselves over the neglected spine of the book.

The book opened, a cloud of dust expelled from the long since untouched pages, revealing glowing symbols and characters.

"Soomi what is the purpose of a guardian angel?" He asked as he skimmed through the pages.

"They protect vulnerable humans"

He nodded in agreement. "They protect vulnerable humans, only when they are in fatal danger, and view them objectively, they do not interfere with their lives unless to prevent death."

"Sir, I already know-"

He raised a hand to silence her. "And every million of years, there is a glitch in the system and guardian angel is assigned to someone who was close to them in their human lives... when that happens the angel regain their human memories... and falls in love."

The head angel laid the ancient book onto the table. "And when they fall in love feelings start to grow and emotions bubble inside them. They become irrational and spontaneous. Evil emotions like jealousy and anger boil inside them... so they get expelled from heaven"

He pointed to an image of an angel, it's wings matted and grey, shedding and dirty.

"Wh-What are you trying to say? I thought they didn't exist"

The angel only chuckled. "Child, there is much of this world you do not know"

"Is Jungkook really a... fallen angel?"