chapter 8

Samantha's pov

I was with Hayes. Nash is dropping us off at school. Hayes and Nash was talking. I was just listening.

We got to school and Nash said "Sam after school go home,Taylor needs to talk to you." I nodded my head.

I got out the car. What can Taylor possibly need to talk to me about? Did I do something wrong? Is my mom back? Is he sending me to the foster home? I like it here now. I don't wanna go to the foster home no more.

I went into the school slowly. I was looking at my worn out shoes. They are so dirty.

I looked up and Hayes was gone. I didn't see Ryan or Corie. I went to my locker. I opened it.

Then I felt a pain to my shoulder. I fell to the floor. I realized that some boy pushed me into my locker. I looked at him. My shoulder hurt. I stood up. The boy was just looking at me. He pulled my hair as he kicked me in my stomach. He was done and his friends and him was laughing. The boy walked away laughing at my pain.

I tried not to cry. My stomach hurt a lot. I wanted to cry. I stood up and closed my locker and slowly walked to my class. I don't even know that boy why would he hit me. Did I do something to him?

I sat in my seat. I was early. No one else was in the class. I started crying. My whole body hurt. I didn't know what to do. This never happened before.

I looked up and saw Corie. I wiped my tears. Corie said "Sammy what's wrong?" I didn't say anything. Corie said "Sammy?" I cried nothing, My stomach hurt." Corie pulled up my shirt. Corie said "Samantha,what happened,who did this?!?" I didn't answer him, I just cried. Corie said "come on Samantha."

Corie held my hand and my book bag. We walked to the boys bathroom. Corie locked the door. He made sure no one else was in the bathroom.

Corie picked me up and put me on the counter of the sinks. Corie wiped my face with a napkin.

Corie said "Baby what happened?" I cried "I don't know Corie, some boy just started hitting me, I don't even know him." Corie said "you don't know him?" I shook my head. Corie said "want me to drop you off at home or do you wanna stay?" I cried "I wanna go home." Corie said "okay baby."

Corie gave me my book bag. He put me down from the counter.

He held my hand as we walked to his car. I got in his car and put on my seatbelt.

Corie started driving. Corie said "wanna get something to eat first baby?" I smiled a little and said "yes." Corie laughed and said "okay baby." We ordered food from a drive thru. Corie drives to my house. Corie said " I'm gonna come over after school okay baby?" I nodded my head. Corie said "I'm gonna call you when school over." I said "okay." Corie kissed my cheek. He said "Bye Sam." I waved bye as I went inside the house.

Taylor is at work, I think

I went in my room. It was so cold. I felt so tired. I just got in my bed and went to sleep.

Taylor's pov

I got home. Samantha's mom called. I told her about everything. She wants to talk to Sam. Her mom is on business and said Sam's stepfather was supposed to be watching her.

I went upstairs. I heard noise in Sam's room. I went in her room. I saw her sleeping. I shook her. Sam woke up. I said "Samantha why are you not at school?" Sam tiredly said "I'm sick Taylor." I said "well you have to talk to your mom, she wants to talk to you."

Sam said "okay." I have her my phone and dialed the number. I sat on the bed next to her.

Samantha's pov

Mom answered the phone.

M-Sam sweetie?
S-yea mommy?
M- sweetie why would you run away from Steven?
S-Mom he was raping me!
M- DONT EVER LIE LIKE THAT AGAIN!
S-Mommy he was and he would beat me all the time!
S- I ran away because he was always hurting me.
M- since you wanna lie stay with that man "Taylor" he can keep you!
M- STEVWN DID NOT RAPE YOU!!!
M-YOU ARE A UGLY FUCKING LIAR AND I DONT RAISE LIARS.
M-TAYLOR CAN KEEP YOU I HATE YOU!

She hanged up on me. I cried. I have Taylor back his phone. I said " she doesn't want me." Taylor said "what do you mean?" I started crying again. I said "her husband would rape me when she was away for work and I told her and she doesn't believe me!" Taylor hugged me and said "shh baby, your not going to the foster home." I said "where am I gonna go?" Taylor said "you can stay here."

I said "Taylor your only 21 years old, I don't wanna mess up your life to." Taylor said "stop it, your not, I wanna adopt you." Taylor wiped my tears. He said "you can stay here and this will be your home." I smiled. I hugged Taylor. I said "thank you so much."