Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Indigo POV

I watch as Chantelle’s eyes close shut and the grasp around Andrea’s head loosens. Andrea get up immediately and kicks Chantelle repeatedly.

“She’s out!’ I yell to her but she doesn't stop kicking her. I can see the controller running at Andy with the staff raised.But she doesn't notice.

I quickly run towards the controller. He slows for a slight two seconds two register what's coming after him.

“Andy!” I yell before sliding under the controller legs. She then notices the controller and knees him in the stomach. The impact makes him drop his staff.I then slam the heel of my foot into his lower back. Andy takes the base of her palm and shoves in an upwards motion on his nose. There is a popping sound then blood comes spewing out. I do a handspring and let my legs wrap around the controller's neck. I squeeze my legs and then thrust myself into a backwards handspring with my victim. When I am suspended in air, I let go of the grasp with my legs making the controller fall. He lands on the ground with a loud thud, unconscious.

“Nice job breaking his nose.” I say enthusiastically to Andy.

“Thanks but there is more coming.” She says pointing to the door. I turn around and see about a dozen controllers running at us their with electric staffs.We start attacking them.

“You go ahead and jump out the window, I’ll hold these guys more a few more seconds then i’ll go!” I shout t Andy while jabbing my fingers into one of the controllers eyes.

“What if they catch you?!” She replies as she punches someone in the jaw.

“I’ll outrun them. Plus I am a cat i'll jump out of the window and land on my feet!” I instruct back to as I do a sweep kick.

In the corner of my eye, I can see that Andy has finishes her opponent off and is running towards the window. I can hear the cry of Matthew when he see her in the distance. I give the controller an uppercut and he doubles over. I then turn and run for the window.

Rani POV

I watch as Matthew talks to Andrea excitedly. They make such a cute couple. I then turn my gaze to Ash who is starring in the room from the corner of the window.

“Everyone duck!” Ash shouts. We all follow his commands. Suddenly a figure flies out the window. It start falling down the two story drop and it lands on all fours. It wasn’t till then I realized it was Indigo.

“Come on!” She shouts. I quickly scale down the building. Andrea follows, then Matthew. Ash jumps of like Indigo did and lands on all fours.

We start running across the wide stretch of grass towards the fence. The sky is painted with a deep rosy red. It’s morning. We come along to the fence. I can see Matthew is about to touch it.

“Don’t! it will kill you!” I shout to him. My outburst startles him and he jumps back. “It’s electric!”

“Who are you?” He says to me.” Why are you even here?” I can feel a little bit of anger bubbling through me.

“Well, if it wasn’t for me than your girlfriend wouldn’t be able to find Greenfield to save you.” I say through gritted teeth. He takes a step back from me and thats when I notice my nails growing longer.

“Rani, listen to me. You can’t go Overload now. Please no. If you do we will all die. We still need you.” I hear Indigo say in a soothing voice with her hand on my shoulder. She keep whispering the word please and I slowly fade out of anger.

“Thanks.” I mumble before she pulls me in a quick hug.

“Guys. How are we  going to get out of this place!?” Andrea shouts.My breath get cought in my throat and I can’t speak.

“How!” She shouts. “How!”

“I dont know!” I shout to her with fear in my voice. I am surprised it came out that strong. All this way and we can’t even escape.