Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Indigo POV

I watch as Rani body goes limp and hits the ground. Her body bounces like a rubber ball. Blood oozes from her chest and forearm making a pool of blood beneath her. Her face is snow white pale and I know that ther life has escaped from her.

Another person dead.

Because of Greenfield.

My body starts to shake in anger and I can feel pain shoot through me. My eyes start turning a deep red. Before my claws start to grow, I feel a hand on my shoulder.I turn around to meet Ash’s pure blue eyes staring at me.

“Not now, Indie, not now.” He says soothingly. His eyes start right through my deep red ones. I can slowly feel myself being pulled into them, returning to my self. I stifle a tear and it runs down my cheek. Ash wipes it away with his thumb and he tilts my chin my higher. He presses his lips against mine. It’s soft like falling snow,but then he presses harder.

“Ahem.” Matthew says. I slowly pull away from Ash’s grasp.

“Sorry.” I say.

“It’s ok but we have to keep moving.” He says. Matthew  turn to Andrea who is staring at Rani’s body frozen with fear. She slowly closes her eyes.

“Andy?” I say. I carefully walk over to her, not wanting to fall of the branch. I put my arm around her reassuringly and pull her into a hug. They way friends do when someone is sad.

“Don’t touch me” she growls. I back away slowly. Not wanting to turn her Overload. Who knows where that would put us.She whispers something that I can’t hear. I catch the word Greenfield.

“We better go. Start leaping from tree to tree.” I say looking down at the branch. She huffs and starts climbing up to the top.

“Andy” I start.

“Don’t” Matthew warns me. “She doesn’t want to be disturbed when she’s like this.” He looks at me with his pain visible in his eyes. I nod. We all follow her up afterwards.

Andrea POV

I fly through the canopy, trying to forget that terrible moment. I don’t care that I am leaving the others behind, I just want to get away from Greenfield as fast as I can.

I finally stop at a willow tree to catch my breath. The others are ages behind, trying to catch up.I slouch in the welcoming branches.

“Greenfield must pay” I whisper for the second time in 10 minutes. It’s true

“I know you hated her.” A voice says and I jump, almost falling off the branch. I turn around with my fist raised. I throw a punch. I get the mysterious figures jaw. I immediately cover my hand with my mouth when I realize it’s Indigo.

“Sorry.” I mutter. ”And I don’t hate her.”

“Yes you did. You told me”

“I just said I didn’t trust her. Greenfield took trust away from me. Just like they took Rani’s life away from her.”

“But by the way you scowled at her and treated her like a snob. You hated her.” Indigo fires back. I growl and hop to the next tree. Indigo closely follows behind.

“Just go away! You don’t understand! Why would you?” I yell, making a flock of birds fly out of the trees. Indigo looks taken back.

“I know I don’t understand. I don’t understand why you are always running away. Why, Andrea? And tell me the truth.”