Key to Success

Life's Little Storms 6

~Melody~

"Can you please tell that oversized lump of meat that you have your own car and that you know how to drive?"

I looked up from wrapping my bracelet around my wrist. Max stood in my doorway with his arms crossed. I blinked. "Oversized lump of meat?"

"Jacob."

"Why? is he here?"

"He said that he was driving you to school. Why?"

I sighed and dropped my hands to my sides. "This is news to me."

"You know, Melody, boys only want one thing. They tell you it's love, but love doesn't drive intimate areas! It's a desire thing. One minute you're saying I love you then nine months later you're having a watermelon travel from your stomach out into the world!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Sex, Melody. I'm talking about sex!"

My face scrunched up as though I bit into a lemon. "What?! I don't even know the guy!"

"One night stands do happen whether the people know each other or not."

I tried to brush past him, but he wrapped his arm around my waist. He held up a key in front of my face. "What is that?"

"It is a key." He pressed the key's end to my belly button then made a clicking noise.

"This is the key to your chastity belt, and it cannot be taken off unless it is unlocked." He pressed the key into my hand. "Have a nice day at school."

I walked out of the house with the key tucked into my pocket. Like Max had said, Jacob was waiting in his little red Rabbit. I leaned down to the passenger window. He beamed at me, "Good morning, sunshine."

"What are you doing? You're starting to make my uncle uneasy and very weird."

"I'm taking you to school."

"Why?"

"Because I can."

I considered this for a fake second because him driving meant I would save gas. Call me cheap, I don't care. "Fine."

Jacob smiled. "But the only way I'll get in the car with you is if you let me ask one question about the woman yesterday."

Jacob scratched his head. There was a few minutes of silence, so I began walking towards my own car. He called my name a few times, but I didn't turn around. Jacob yelled from the car, "Okay, deal!"

I smirked as I turned on my heel and headed back to the car. Jacob pushed my door open for me. I buckled my seat belt before looking at Jacob.

"You're evil, you know that?"

"I'm daddy's princess. I know how to get my way." I stuck my tongue out before smiling at him.

He looked back at me with a smile plastered on his face. "You look beautiful with your hair up."

I eyed him. "Don't distract me."

"Sure, sure."

I sighed through my nose and pressed my lips into a line. "She wasn't human. I'm smart enough to realize that. But why were her eyes red?"

"There a two kinds of people like that. The ones who eat humans and those who eat animals. She eats humans."

"Are there more of them? Here?"