Falling Into Place

Life's Little Storms Chapter 23:

~Melody~

The next morning I cracked one eye open hesitantly. My dreams had mostly been fitful until the last time where I went to sleep and it was like floating through a peaceful darkness. Jacob had woken up every single time, and he would rub my back until I finally fell asleep. Now I woke with my body was clasped tightly against Jacob's side. He had both of his arms wrapped tightly around me while my head rested on his firm chest. With a smile on my face, I inhaled and stretched out my back. Jacob shifted slightly, but his eyes didn't open.

I closed my eyes once again. The longer I was awake, the sooner my hunger would come. I hate morning hunger because if I don't eat I get crabby.

A few minutes went by, but sleep was not coming back to me. I peeked an eye open at my sleeping boyfriend before stretching more, nudging him further. His small snore stuttered before continuing on the normal pattern. My lips pulled into a scowl, and this time when I stretched, I pressed my cold toes against his leg. This time his arms tightened around me, crushing me to his chest. A small 'oomph' escaped my lips.

"You're...squishing...me..." I spluttered out, pushing against him.

Jacob nuzzled the top of my head, "That's what you get for waking me up."

"It was an accident."

Jacob abruptly flipped me over onto my back and looked down at me. His brown eyes glittered down at me as he whispered, "You're a liar, Melody Grace."

I fake gasped, "Am not!"

"Oh, please." He snorted, "The only time you force me to wake up is when you put your little demon talons on me."

I peeked underneath the blankets and wiggled my toes, "I thought you found my toes cute."

He looked with me before giving a defeated sigh, "I do find them cute. Even when they're unnaturally cold."

"Yeah," I pouted my lips slightly. "Anyways, you're right. I did purposely wake you up."

"Surprise, surprise." He rolled his eyes. "The question is why."

Reaching between us, I rubbed my stomach, "I'm hungry."

"Yeah, you know I'm feeling a little hungry too." Jacob stretched like a lion, a playful glint in his eye. "But I don't think it's food I want."

"What do you-" My words were cut off when Jacob shoved his face into my neck. I loud squeal left my lips as he gently nipped at my neck. I pushed at his shoulders, but Jacob didn't budge. "Stop! Stop!"

A loud laugh left me, "I can't breath!"

He wrestled with me for a couple of more seconds before leaning back up. He quickly closed the space once more by leaning forward and capturing my lips with his. My grip on his bare shoulders moved so that my arms wrapped around his neck. One of his hands gripped my waist tightly, and he pressed his chest against mine. Our quick, passionates came to a slow. My fingers softly combed through the hair that curled at his neck.

"Let's go out to breakfast." He said ruggedly. Still coming down from my Jacob high, I simply nodded.

I looked down at my t-shirt and shorts, "Do I have to change?"

Jacob gave me a grin before reaching his hand down past my hip to the curve of my backside. A loud squeak left my lips when he gave it a firm squeeze. "I don't think so, Lody. I don't want other guys there to think that they can stare at what's mine."

I rolled my eyes before finally managing to push him off of me. I stood with a stretch before crossing my room to my drawers. Much to my happiness, my black sweatpants were lying on top all of my other pants. I quickly pulled them on before grabbing my University of Georgia sweatshirt and threw it on to avoid having to put on a bra.