Wedding

Life's Little Storms Ch. 12

~Melody~

I smoothed out my pastel pink dress once more. The little white satin bow positioned itself accordingly, which was something I was appreciative of. My dark brown curls fell gently down my back. There was no covering my bite scar, but I was back in La Push. They knew what happened to me. I slid my feet into the white heels Alice had placed in my car before I left. I braided my fringe back and pinned them back with a white lace bow.

Max knocked on my door lightly, even though it was already open. He whistled softly.

"You look beautiful, my little music note."

"Thank you. Are you sure you don't want to attend the actual wedding and not the reception?"

"I'm positive. Weddings freak me out."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course they do."

I brushed past him to grab the earrings I left on the table and placed them in my ears. With perfect timing, Seth knocked lightly on the door. He was just barely fifteen, so even though he asked me to be his date, I would be the one driving.

"Hi, Mels." He said once I opened the door.

I smiled at him. "Hey, you look very handsome."

He smiled back at me. "I'd say you look beautiful, but you look beautiful every day."

I blushed and smiled at him. "Let's get this show on the road."

"Let's." Seth offered me his arm, which I took. He led me to the car and opened my door for me before rushing to his own side.

Seth fiddled with the radio until he he got put out. He began asking me how my life in South Carolina was. I told him that I hated being with my mom, and that I missed living in La Push.

"Why does she make you live with her if you hate it so much?"

"My mom is a guilty person. She knows what she did was wrong, but she isn't trying to fix it. She wants to feel better about herself and convince herself that she won't go to hell for being a thoughtless skank."

"Do you really feel that way about your mom?"

"I disliked my mom before she left my father a mess. She was always pushing me to be someone else."

"Well, Victoria snuck up on my dad one day and gave him a heart attack, Melody. Losing him freaking sucked. Do you want to feel the way Leah and I do if your mom were to die?"

"I'm sorry, Seth. But my relationship with my mother is different from the one you had with your dad."

Seth looked as though he wanted to argue, but he realized that I was right. His father had been someone to look up to, someone who had been encouraging rather than someone who was always forcing his kids to do something else.

"I guess so." His shoulders sagged slightly in defeat.

I swallowed my guilt as if it were a rock. "I really am sorry, Seth."

"I'm sorry, Melody. You've been through so much, I shouldn't have lectured you."

"It's okay."

,*.

Seth kept me entertained throughout the ceremony. Bella had made an absolutely beautiful bride. The wedding had been overall beautiful. My vision focused from seeing Bella and Edward saying their vows, to me and Jacob saying them. It was a rude awakening when I would jolt back to life and realize I couldn't be with Jacob. It would take so much to fix that broken road.