War

Life's Little Storms Ch. 10

~Embry~

"Come on, Melody!"

"Embry, I swear to God that if you don't move, I will hit you with my car."

"I know he'll want you there." Melody held up a tiny fist and rested it on top of her steering wheel. I was about to question her, but her middle finger slowly lifted up.

"Embry, tell Jacob he needs some practice, so he can go fuck himself."

I shook my head as I tried to hide the laughter that wanted to bubble out of me. Melody was tiny, like the leach tiny, but she was sassy as hell. She was sitting in the drivers seat of her car, glaring at me. She had her hand gripping the steering wheel tightly. I could hear her right toes tapping lightly against the pedals. I have been attempting to get her to come see us practice, but she absolutely refuses to budge.

"Fine. You're going to make me do this the hard way." Her glare faltered as I began walking towards her car.

"Embry, no-"

Before she could continue her sentence, I jerked her car door open, grabbed her from the stupid car sear, tossed her over my shoulder and shut her car door. I walked a good distance into the forest while Melody muttered insults to my back.

I laughed, "What is that? I can't hear you!"

She pressed her hands against my back and leaned up. "If I ever come to another bon fire, you better watch yourself."

"I'll remember that, sweetheart."

"Whatever."

I set her down on a fallen over log then began stripping. Melody quickly covered her eyes until she was assured that I was in wolf form. She crossed her arms when I gestured for her to get onto my back.

Next time when Jake wants us to do shit to get him and Melody back on track, we're sending Seth. I growled out.

Seth gasped in our heads, I offered to go get her!

Jacob rolled his eyes, Just get her here safely.

Will do.

~Melody~

After about five minutes of walking next to Embry with his fast pace, I was tired. It took another five minutes of pride for me to admit that, then another five trying to get on Embry's freaking back. I softly pulled my fingers through his spotty gray fur. It was silky and it threaded easily in my fingers. Embry shivered and made a sound that came out like a purr. I smiled then continued by doing it down his neck to his shoulder blades. I felt the skin relax underneath my hands.

He seemed to become less happy when I slid off of his back, so I could go sit with Emily. Bella was standing next to Jacob with her hand resting against his side. I frowned at them when they both looked in my direction while resisting the urge to flip them off. Emily gripped my hand in hers and smiled at me. She spoke softly, "I know it hurts now, 'Lody, but soon Jacob will come to his senses."

I looked back at Bella with a sigh. I doubted that Jacob would ever move on from her. Imprint or not, she was here before me. He was in love with her for Christ's sake. She was beautiful; she wasn't tall, but she was willowy. I sighed and pulled my knees to my chest. Emily responded to my silence by rubbing a hand down my back. She continued by playing with some of my hair. It made me close my eyes and rest a cheek on my knee. It was so motherly, so nice.

"I'm going home to make brownies in an hour or so, you're more than welcome to join me, Melody." Emily smiled kindly ay me. I nodded in agreement. My phone began vibrating in my pocket seconds later. I pulled it out. The screen read 'Daddy' in bold letters while a photo of us being goofy popped up.