An Army

Life's Little Storms Ch. 9

~Melody~

I looked in the mirror once more, still surprised by what I saw. It was the night of their graduation party, and, like promised, I let Alice use me as her own personal doll. Alice had certainly done an amazing job.

As a shirt, I was wearing a white tank top under a light gray biker jacket. Instead of my usual skinny jeans, Alice put me in a white skirt that had a bow around the waist. She had my hair twisted into a bun at the back of my head with my fringe curled into a simple ringlet. Although it is with great difficulty, I managed to walk down the stairs in black sandal like heels. To finish off my look I kept my usual blue necklace around my neck and simple silver hoops as my earrings.

Alice clapped her hands together. "I did amazing!"

I laughed lightly as I smoothed my skirt down. My phone buzzed in my skirt pocket after Alice skipped out of the room. I smiled at the Iphone screen at the name that popped up.

From: Brown Eyes

On my way w/Quil & Embry. See you soon, Angel ;)

My smile widened as I placed my phone back into my pocket. The party was already hopping by the time Alice had finished my makeup, at this point, the rooms were filled to the roof with people from Forks High. There were people grinding to the music, drinking most likely spiked punch, and talking to one another. Sarah, her curly hair pulled into a bouncing ponytail, grinned at me from across the room. I waved in her direction before continuing my way to the refreshment table.

"So many horny humans." Edward muttered once I was close enough. I grinned and bit into the middle of a potato chip with ranch dip on the end. He shook his head at me. I tried to imagine what kind of thoughts he was hearing. Edward nodded his head towards a certain area in the room. "There's Jacob."

I looked in the direction where he was looking. Jacob was standing in the center of the room, but instead of heading towards me, he was heading towards Bella. She looked at him unamused. I quickly walked over to them.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"You invited me, remember?"

Bella rolled her mud brown eyes. "Was my right hook too subtle for you? That was me uninviting you."

"Look, Bella, I'm sorry, you know. For the kiss, your hand...I'd blame it on the inner animal thing, but it was really just me being an ass. I'm really sorry." He reached into his pocket. "I brought you something. A graduation present, I made it myself."

I looked at the bracelet in his hand. A dark pain weighed in my chest as I watched him hand it over to her. Bella smiled triumphantly. "Wow. You made this?" Jacob nodded. "It's really pretty. Thanks."

My attention turned from the intense stare Jacob was giving Bella to Alice walking down the stairs. She paused, her eyes sliding out of focus. I stepped towards her, "Alice!"

Bella followed my lead of trying to get closer to Alice. Alice blinked as we got closer. She took a shaky breath. "The decision has been made."

"What's going on?" Jacob stepped behind Bella, as though I weren't even there.

Bella's eyes widened. "They're not going to Seattle."

"No, they're coming here."

A few minutes later I was leaning against the table next to Edward. He explained to me that 'they' were vampire creations, new borns. They were strong, and they were fierce according to him. Carlisle paced around the room. "This could turn into a blood bath."