I love you

Life's Little Storms:

Melody:

I slammed the car door with frustration. I knew that Jacob would be here, but the moment I received the call that Bella was awake, I knew I had to see her. I waved to Max as he pulled away from the driveway. It didn't take even two seconds for Alice to appear out the door. Her little body was making a speedy trip to me. I stuck my hands out in order to brace myself, but there was a large smile on my face.

Her arms wrapped around my waist while mine wrapped around her shoulders. Her sweet scent filled my nose, and I felt my body relaxed. Her natural perfume, along with Jacob's, was a sign that I was home. I was finally home.

"We've missed you so much, Mel." She breathed into my ear. "So much has happened since you were hurt."

"What do you-"

"Can you not break my imprint further?" Jacob's voice was tight as he stood, watching from the door.

"No manners, dog." She frowned at him but still let me go. Jacob looked at me, but I refused to look at him. I was still mad at what he had said to me at the hospital. Alice took my hand and began leading me into the house. Jacob's warm hand caught my elbow as I began walking past him.

"Mel." He murmured.

I looked around. "What was that? I can't hear you. I'm dead."

I tore my arm from his grasp then walked further into the living room. Seth was sitting on the couch with his arm crossed over his chest. Edward was standing in front of the unused fire place. It made me think of the night when we were all standing here, basking in the soft laughter of the baby names.

"Edward." I breathed. He looked at me with a pleasant smile on his face. He quickly, but gently, swished over to me and wrapped me in a hug. One of his hands cradled the back of my head while the other one wrapped around my shoulder. My own arms wrapped around Edward's slim waist. He didn't have to speak in order for me to know what he was thinking. He, along with everyone else, was happy that I made it out of the fight alive. I pulled away, only enough to where I could look up at him. "Is everyone okay? No one got hurt, right?"

"Not in the battle, no." Edward chuckled slightly. My eyebrows came together with confusion. "But Seth didn't make it out completely unscathed."

I turned around to finally face Seth. He looked the same, with a goofy grin settled on his face. The only thing that was different was the white bandage wrapped around his chest and shoulder.

"Finally I get some attention." He grinned before opening his good arm up. "Do I get a hug too?"

"Of course you do."

I kneeled on the couch beside him and gingerly leaned against him. I held my breath as the pain in my ribs strained. Seth rested his head on my shoulder.

"I wish I could give you a bigger hug than this, but it looks like neither of us are in the position for that." He smiled once more. I decided to just settle in that spot beside him. His large arm rested over my shoulder so that I could use his bicep as a pillow.

"What happened to you?"

The look on Seth's face turned sheepish. "Well, as Jake may or may not have told you, I imprinted..."

I gasped in delight. "What? On who?"

"That's... That's where it gets complicated." Seth glanced up at Edward. "It's Renesmee."

My head snapped towards Edward. "Renesmee? As in, baby Renesmee?"

Edward and Seth both cringed at my words. My lips rolled into a thin line as I began thinking over the thought of Seth and Renesmee being together.