16 and Pregnant

Life's Little Storms Ch. 15

~Melody~

I unfolded the blanket beside me, and softly placed it over Bella's sleeping form. Days continued to past without the wolves bothering us. We all knew they were still there though. The mere thought of them lurking in the shadows ready to attack made my stomach lurch. It also made it harder to let go of Jacob's hand every time he left to go run patrol. I sighed as I started to walk towards the kitchen.

"Melody." A soft, weak whisper came from the couch. I looked back to see Bella watching me. "Come back."

"I was, but I was going to get something to eat."

She tried to push herself up. "It will only be a second."

I turned back and tucked myself into the chair beside the couch. Bella stretched her hand out to me. Awkwardly, I placed my hand into hers.

"I shouldn't be asking this of you. I've done so many wrong things to you, even when I knew you had gone through so much before you came to Washington." She attempted to clear her throat. "But I'm going to ask anyways. Is there anyway you could find it in your heart to forgive me?"

"Bella..." I whispered softly.

"Melody, please. Even I have my doubts about making it through the transformation. I don't want to die knowing that I made your life hard for multiple months."

"Bella," I started again, "I forgave you a long time ago. I just didn't think you had to hear the words."

We both gave an awkward laugh. "There's something else I need to ask of you."

"Oh?"

"Can you please watch over my baby if I don't make it?"

"What?"

"I know Edward will learn to love him, but I don't want him to grow up without knowing something normal in his life."

"I'm destined to be with a werewolf for the rest of my life." I blinked. "My kids will most likely be dogs. Is that normal?"

"It's good enough for me."

Something inside of my chest softened at the fact that Bella wanted me to be involved in her child's life. Even though she might not be there.

"I need someone to keep Edward happy, too." Bella continued on. "He'll need a friend, so please help him."

"I promise, Bella."

She gave my hand a squeeze before resting back into the couch. I slowly walked into the kitchen before the tears dripped down my face. I crouched into a ball and pressed my face into my knees. I spent all this time hating my mother, but Bella's child might not even get a chance to know her. And for some reason, knowing that Bella wanted me to help somehow replace her and become a mother figure for her kid. I took a deep breath in attempt to calm myself.

"Melody?" Jacob asked, walking in the back door. "Is something wrong?"

I stood up from my position and quickly wiped my face. "Yeah, I just stubbed my toe."

He placed his arms around me and pulled me close. "Poor little toe."

I leaned into his warm chest and closed my eyes. The soft pat of his heart thudded in my ear, creating a soft rhythm. His deep breaths rocked my head, causing my eyes to flutter shut. For a moment, we sat in our own little bubble.

When we created a bubble, only we were in it. It seemed to make everything fade into the background. As if nothing were wrong in the world. For example, an army of vampires weren't trying to kill us. Or angry wolves weren't waiting to hurt people we love. It was just me and Jacob.