Kisses Make It Better

Life's Little Storms Chapter 21

~Melody~

I stared at Edward and Bella as if they had grown four heads. How was that even possible? I mean, I recall asking the same question when we found out that Bella was pregnant with Edwards baby. Not like a I can't get pregnant by him so we got an artificial baby, but she was legitimately having his baby. A human was having a vampire's baby. But now what they just explained, blew my mind.

"How is that even possible?" I whispered, blinking from them to Renesemee. She was blinking back at me with a giggle.

"We don't know. We walked into her room yesterday morning, and she literally grew over night."

I inhaled sharply, "Does that mean..."

Edward knew my thought before I could speak the final words, "We are hoping not."

"Has anything else happened in the thirty six hours we've been gone?" I rubbed a hand over my head and leaned my back into their couch.

An annoyed look passed over Bella's face while Edward hesitantly glanced at her. My eyes flickered between them, unsurely, "What?"

"You'll never guess what Seth took upon himself to do." I bit my lip. I knew Bella hadn't be happy about the imprinting, but what could he have done now?

"Tell me."

Edward pat Bella's hand, "He told Charlie about the supernatural world."

"Not only that, but he shifted in front of him!"

I gasped, "He did not! I thought there was some sort of rule about telling humans about the wolves without them being an imprint?"

Bella threw her hands up in the air, "I don't even know anymore, Melody."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "What the frick is going on?"

"Frick? Really, Mel?" I shot a short lived glare at Edward. His lips were twitching as he attempted to prevent an amused smirk from showing up on his face. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"This is a mess." I muttered. "How did Charlie take it?"

"Better than most surprisingly. He just didn't like that fact that Seth got naked in front of him." Horror made my fingertips turn cold and a dark red flush to spread over my cheeks. My fingertips lightly pushed against my mouth.

"Poor Charlie." I shook my head, "He was probably horrified!"

"His face probably mirrors yours." Edward leaned back and laughed.

"Oh man..." A small breath blew past my lips, "I think I'm ready to move on from this conversation."

Bella laughed slightly, "You don't think you've been scarred enough?"

I rubbed my knees before standing up, "I think I have. Besides it's been like twenty minutes, and I left my dog in the car."

Edward bent over and laughed harder. Bella cracked as smile as she rubbed Edward's back. I took my time walking back towards the Cullen house. It was cold outside, but it felt nice since it wasn't raining. I couldn't believe how fast September was going. Just when I thought the drama of Forks was over, it started right back up.

There was no point in going back to school, especially since Edward and Bella needed me right now. There was no way that I was going to drop out, but what else could I do? I sighed as I approached the house, noticing that Jacob was not in the car.

I walked in to find Alice standing in the middle of the room with her arms crossed over her chest and a sour scowl on her pretty face. My eyes slowly trailed to my boyfriend who was sitting on their couch, mirroring Alice. His head turned towards me and the scowl on his face turned into a pitiful pout.