Three || Noise Complaint

|| Noise Complaint

Soft ripples in the Monroe Lake lapsed against the docks, the night sky filled with stars and a moon as full as it could be.

The small fire pit crackled, its orange light reflecting on the curled figure of Jacy Parrish, her mouth slacking open and her arm hanging down over the side of the deck chair.

Allison and Lydia slowly rose from behind the chair, cautious eyes on Jacy.

"Do it," Allison whispered, a feather in hand.

Lydia shook the whip cream can behind her back, reaching around the chair and slowly swirling an amount in Jacy's palm.

Allison reached over the top of the chair, wiggling the feather on Jacy's nose.

Jacy's head shifted, eyes still shut as she mumbled incoherently.

Having to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing, Allison brushed the feather on the top of the werewolf's nose.

Jacy's hand lurched up, smooshing behind her into Lydia's face. Without opening her eyes, she softly smiled as she lowered her hand back down. "Nice try."

Allison covered her mouth, unable to control her laughter as Lydia stayed deadly still with a face full of whip cream.

"My senses are literally at their highest tonight," Jacy said as she kept her eyes shut. "Did you really think that would work?"

Lydia licked her lips, expressionless. "I suppose another moment of consideration would have been wise."

"Quite possibly," Jacy said with a grin as she sat up. She brushed her hand off on the beach towel that had finally dried from their earlier trip into the water. "Luckily for you, I brought my makeup case."

"Fantastic," the strawberry blonde expressed as she stood, trying to hide a smile. "My hero."

"Twenty til scribe, Lyds," Allison called as Lydia headed up towards the Martin Lakehouse that had yet to sell.

Holding her middle fingers up, Lydia didn't look back.

"Did you know we were there the whole time?" Allison questioned, running a knuckle under her eyes to wipe her tears of laughter.

"I wasn't sleeping, Ally," laughed Jacy. "I was just keeping my stress down." She stretched as she stood, offering out a hand to help the hunter up off the ground. "You guys were just dumb enough to think I would fall for that."

"You're the worst," remarked Allison, dusting off her leather shorts and black tights.

"You say it like I don't know that." Jacy grinned over at her, the two walking towards the house.

"I hope the boys are having a better night than Lydia," Allison hoped. She toyed with her long hair absently, the caramel waves a new autumn dye job.

"They must be because there haven't been any reports of Liam running around naked again."

"He said it was really hot that night," Allison defended on behalf of the sophomore. She slid open the glass back door to the lakehouse, letting Jacy go in first. "You guys do have internal fur coats, to be fair."

Jacy only smiled, recalling a conversation with Liam before Allison was revived. He'd not had the heart to ask Scott about her, so he went to Jacy. He was curious, cautious, and utmostly caring.

Liam's final question on the matter was whether or not Allison would think Liam belonged in the pack.

Jacy told him Allison would've loved him, and now they were practically siblings.