Thirty-Two || I Felt That

||  I Felt That

     The Beacon Hills Cemetery was the only calm place in the city as early afternoon fought to turn to evening.

     Allison Argent, unaware of her best friend's therapy session across town, sat at the foot of her mother's grave with her arms wrapped around her knees to brace the September chill.

     A bundle of sunflowers were laid next to Victoria's polished gravestone, the sunlight barely bouncing off the petals through the growing clouds.

     Allison traced a thumb along the etching in the heavy stone, removing dirt that had found its home there.

     A figure across the cemetery caught the hunter's eye, a bouquet of flowers poking out from a leather jacket.

     Allison's brows furrowed, slowly standing from the damp ground. She brushed off the back of her dark jeans, watching the person as they kept their back to her.

     If his hair had been slightly darker, she could've sworn it was Derek Hale.

     "Theo?"

     Setting down the flowers, the figure's back tightened under the leather. He stood up straight and glanced over his shoulder.

     Theo lightly smiled as he saw Allison, turning around from his sister's grave. He moved through the rows of headstones, soon joining Allison's space. "Hey," he warmly greeted, hands buried in his pockets. His eyes were somber, but there was something else. "Is this your mom?"

     Although Theo was opposite of Allison and unable to see the lettering on the grave, it was an easy guess.

     "Yeah," she replied, "everything's been so crazy that I thought I'd take a minute to sit with her."

     Theo nodded, motioning back the way he came. "Me too. I usually go to the creek in the Preserve, but out there hasn't exactly been safe lately."

     "Nowhere's been exactly safe lately. Not for a while."

     "True. Hey, you know they're moving Hayden to the hospital, right?"

     "No," she replied with a light shake of her head. "No I didn't."

     "But Hayden's still a chimera, and there's two more we haven't found yet, and they're still dangerous. They need help." He paused, adding, "They need you. We all need you."

      Theo, specifically, needed her locked up and out of the way.

||

      Jordan Parrish fell asleep as the being dwelling inside him awoke for the first time in days.

     The deputy's eyes flared orange as he sat up within his cell, rising from the bench.

     It was time.

     Jordan's hands gripped the bars of the drunk tank, tightening his molten grip around them as he pulled.

     Smoke billowed up from the metal bars as a hole for the deputy to step through was formed. A heavy beeping set off above, the fire alarm sending the officers deeper within the station into a panic.

     Deputy Parrish, eyes returning to normal, walked into the bull pen in a haze, his expression void of any emotion.

     "Hey, hey!" Officer Rivers shouted as he saw Parrish out of the cell, drawing his gun hastily.

     Stiles busted out of his father's office, eyes wide. "Wait, wait wait! Don't shoot, don't shoot!" he shouted. "Get back! Stay out of his way."