Ten || MC Hammer

|| MC Hammer

The atmosphere of the Raeken home was at a standstill, a Mr. and Mrs. shaking in their dining chairs as the warmth of the burning fireplace met their backs.

Two papers sat on the wood table in all their glory, eight years between the photocopied pages.

Theo stood behind the adults that had little resemblance to him, eyes on orange flames. He could smell the anxiety in the room, and he loved it. "I told you to practice," he said. "It was supposed to be indistinguishable from the original. It was supposed to be perfect."

"I swear," Mr. Raeken quickly defended, "I practiced. Hundreds upon hundreds of times."

"I wouldn't say hundreds," countered Mrs. Raeken, barely noticing Theo walk around the table.

"There is one way a false signature can be explained," Theo said, his hands behind his back as he stood in front of his parents. "It's not easy to write when you're wearing a cast." He revealed a silver tipped hammer from behind his back, tuning it over in his palm. "Is it?"

And as Mr. Raeken's mouth gaped open, his loveless wife looked away and placed her hands under the table.

Theo simply turned his eyes to the table, his father knowing exactly what it meant.

A mistake had been made, and there was no room for mistakes.

||

Jacy adjusted the tie around Sheriff Stilinski's neck, having taken any opportunity to not talk about the pool. She nodded as she smoothed down the material over a checkered shirt. "I definitely like this one better. The gray was too dull."

"I'll trust your judgement," Stilinski agreed with half a grin as he pulled his brown blazer off his desk chair.

Stiles leaned on the edge of his father's desk, the station rather quiet behind him. He'd originally brought Jacy by to bring Jordan food from Stella's after their date, but they had come across the Sheriff in a tie-crisis. "Dark shades hide stains better," he offered as he adjusted the sleeves of his purple zip up.

"Such a help," Stilinski remarked as he slid on his blazer. He picked up a small mirror form a desk drawer, suddenly unhappy with his hair as he toyed with it. "I should've gotten a haircut."

"Well," offered Stiles, "you know, someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut."

Jacy rolled her eyes at Stiles before looking to the Sheriff. "I think you look great."

"Well, thank you," Stilinski replied. "See?" he said to Stiles, "That's the kind of thing you say to a person."

"But you're not a person," claimed Stiles, "you're my dad."

Barely noticing his son's remark, Stilinski hastily loosened his tie. "What the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea."

"What, Dad..." Stiles caught him before he could remove his tie completely, "Dad, it's one date, okay? The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman," he said, fixing the necktie. "Or man."

"It's a woman, Stiles."

"Okay," agreed Stiles, despite having his doubts.

"A very beautiful woman," Stilinski assured.

Stiles couldn't take the not knowing, his eyes slightly narrowing. "What beautiful woman, by the way?"

"None of your business," replied Stilinski with a coy smile. "Either one of you."