Sixteen || The Dread Doctors

|| The Dread Doctors

"You don't think we'll get caught, do you?"

Petunia pulled to a stop outside of the vacant Stewart house, Jacy killing the lights and the engine before looking over to Allison.

"Honestly," she Jacy, still in her attire from Sinema, "if we did, I wouldn't care. I just...I just need to see her room. See her."

Allison sighed, nodding softly. "Okay. Let's go."

The huntress remained sympathetic toward Jacy, never voicing her concern despite being truly worried for her. Although she hadn't heard the clairvoyant say the same as the Surgeon, she knew she was fairly good friends with Tracy, who also happened to be last seen alive by Jacy.

Did Jacy kill the hybrid kanima? Allison's heart said no, but a lot of unanswered questions made a definite answer hard to nail down.

Jacy, oblivious to Allison's inner turmoil, climbed out of the Honda, her heeled boots replaced by converse, and went around to Allison's side. "Any word on Lucas?"

"No, Scott's still at the hospital with his mom trying to figure out what to do about the stingers."

"Good, okay." Jacy double checked her phone. "Mason and Liam got home all right, same with Brett."

Allison nodded mildly, surveilling their surroundings. "Are you sure about this? I know you, and it feels like you're stalling."

Jacy inhaled, attempting to nod. "I haven't heard from Stiles in an hour."

"He's probably fine," Allison said, walking toward the empty house. "He's at the school trying to find more info on chimeras, right? Knowing Stiles, he must've just fallen asleep."

"You're probably right," she agreed, grabbing Allison's shoulder as they reached the front door.

Allison winced, shutting her eyes a a gust of cool air blew, cautiously opening one to reveal the small foyer of the Stewart home. "God, I hate that," she said as Jacy let go of her.

"Well, it gets you places," Jacy replied, heading upstairs without pause.

Allison shook the uncomfortable feeling off, following after the other brunette. "You know the layout of her house?"

"We had a study group last year. It was pretty much only us, but we could drag Hayden in sometimes." Jacy held a light smile at the thought, it slowly fading as reality set in. She turned the door knob to Tracy's room, pushing in cautiously.

Allison wondered if she should've let Jacy do this on her own - to say goodbye to Tracy alone, but in the same way, she knew she should be there for her.

Tracy Stewart's bedroom bloomed with genuine, introverted personality, walls covered in artwork tinged with darker tones as the time progressed toward the present.

Her bed was made, never to be slept in again.

Jacy let her fingers trail the newer artwork that had been put up since the last time she'd been there, eyebrows lightly furrowing as the images simmered something deep in her gut, a feeling she couldn't quite explain.

"She seemed nice," Allison said, stirring the silence that had attempted to suffocate them. "I never really talked to her. Makes me wish I had."

"You couldn't have known she wouldn't be there to talk to anymore," Jacy said quietly. "Time's fleeting. No one could've known she would die when she did."