Epilogue

The crowd of people surrounding us pushed forward when the music flooded the entire stadium with electric energy. Joshua's front plastered to my back as the palms of his hands rested on the swell of my stomach. Matthew Healy, the singer of 'The 1975', appeared on stage followed by a thick base and drums. I along with all the people flooding the area screamed, jumped and sung along when the song kick-started.

"I love this song," I said in Joshua's ear when he bent down to hear me better, brushing a kiss on my cheek. "It was Megan's too."

In memory of our crazy girl, we purchased tickets once we saw their tour was coming to Sheffield Arena, which consequently fell on Megan's birthday. Time flew by and before we knew it, three years had disappeared around us. A lot had happened in those years, starting with Joshua and I tying the knot. It was totally unexpected one night when we both got in from work with me cooking dinner and he doing some paperwork on the table.

"Hey, sweetheart," he'd said, pulling my attention away from peeling the potatoes in the kitchen sink.

"Yeah?" I said, not turning around.

"Tabitha?" he said nervously, this time, his voice sounding closer to me. "Might want to turn around for this."

I put the potato peeler down, dumping the spud in the water bowl as I turned around. "Sorry, yeah? Oh, my-"

Joshua knelt in front of me with a velvet box, and the biggest smile slapped across his face. "I love you to death. Please make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

I'd said yes, of course. Next came the honeymoon which we spent touring in Australia, stopping in Melbourne to visit Damon and a few of Megan's friends. It was emotional, but so much fun, and I saw why Megan loved the place as much as she did.

Australia was so vast with many incredible things to see. If I didn't love living in England so much, Australia would be my next choice of home. Damon had moved on and found himself a girlfriend, a sweet, bubbly and beautiful girl called Xanthe. Knowing that he could do that thrilled both Joshua and I. Although, he had made it known to us that Megan would always hold a special place in his heart.

Joshua's job kept him busy most hours in the day. After having such excellent results from his personal trainer, he wanted to see if he could give it a go. A college course and two diplomas later, and he's a fully qualified coach who specialises in military injury. The reviews and results he's getting are phenomenal, taking him up the ranks in the business leagues. I couldn't be any prouder of him. My job the same at the college library, which suited me fine. I had no intention of leaving anytime soon.

When our lives quietened down late last year, something happened that turned that upside down. Finding out I was pregnant came as no shock, as all Joshua had talked about after the wedding was making our family a three. We tried for a while with not much luck, but just when I was ready to give up, our little miracle came into our lives. We found out we were having a girl in the February and it blew Joshua's mind and scared him half to death.

"A girl?" he'd said, looking at the ultrasound screen with wide eyes. "Are you sure?"

Our sonographer laughed. "Yes, I'm sure. Congratulations Mr Caswell."

Joshua looked at me. "A girl? Oh, no, I'll never survive this!"

I wiped off the gel on my stomach and gave him my best 'It will be okay' smile. "A little girl will be fun, you'll see."

Joshua's complexion turned pasty. "I'm buggered." He looked as if he may pass out. "I'm totally buggered."

It thrilled me to bits. A little girl. What a dream come true. It delighted my mother too for another female influence in the family with my gorgeously adorable three-year-old nephew, Harrison, running the roost. A girl would change the dynamics around a bit. Harrison was the light of my sister's life, and poor Bruce didn't stand a chance against the pair.