PROLOGUE

Ragini was already in the mandap and the priest was doing his Pre wedding rituals with the groom and bride. Swara had come to the room to take a breather. She had been running around nonstop since afternoon and her body was pleading her to take it easy. Still an hour left for the actual wedding to take place. She informed her mother and escaped to the room to take some rest and swallow a pill for her throbbing headache. The attire, she was supposed to wear for the wedding was spread out on the bed. It sparkled with gems and pearls. The pink outfit was little too bright for Swara's liking but Dadi and Ragini wanted her to wear this so she complied. She took out her purse and searched for the tablet. She found it and was about to throw it into her mouth when her door was burst open. Startled and surprised, she turned around to see the handsome Sanskar Maheshwari breathing fire and ice. He came in and closed the door. His stance spoke of fury and hostility.

Sanskar was waiting for the right moment to confront Swara Bose. He had been searching for some opportunity for the last two days. He finally found this moment to follow her. He was not sure whether Swara knew that he was watching every move of hers since that unfortunate scene in the guest room. He waited and grabbed this moment. He stealthily walked in and stopped in front of her.

'So Swara Bose, are you finally ready to let go off go my brother Laksh? I hope you will now leave him alone and move on in life?' Sanskar put the question coldly to Swara. Standing so near, he could smell the earthy perfume that surrounded her and noticed her slightly smudged eye makeup. Some deep instinct in him wanted him to move the lock of hair that had fallen across her forehead.

Swara was embarrassed about the scene that he witnessed a couple of days ago in the guest room but she was not at fault. Laksh created all that trouble but she knew Sanskar would never believe it. She wanted to clear the air of misunderstanding but this all knowing attitude of Sanskar got on her nerves. He had no right to accuse her or judge her. Who the hell did he think he was? She could feel her anger building up in her. His nearness was affecting her but she did not want to show it. So she adopted her familiar attitude of brazenness and confronted him

'What I do with my life is none of your business. Whether I move on in life or not, is between Laksh and me. So you back off.' She spat furiously at him.

No one had ever talked to him like this wild cat of a girl. Who the hell did she think she was?

Swara gave him a dismissive look and tried to step out of his way but that dismissive look was his undoing. He caught her shoulder and pulled her towards him, their bodies almost touching.

'One step towards my brother and you will face my wrath.' He spelt out the words through his clenched lips, all the time aware of her smell and feel in his arms.

Swara felt the glint of fear for the first time but drew herself up and challenged him

'What will you do?' She asked shaken to the core with his nearness, aura and his unjustified fury.

Sanskar's eyes moved coldly from her eyes to her lips. A shiver went through her and she stiffened. She tried to break free from his arms but his one arm moved from her shoulder to waist, bringing her further close. She struggled to get out but his arm was like an iron band. A real feeling of fear enveloped her. She closed her eyes tightly but all of a sudden,she was free.

When she opened her eyes, she saw Sanskar opening the door. He turned around and said 'This is not over.' With that parting shot, he walked out.