CHAPTER 27

Sanskar drove like a mad man to the hospital. They were afraid that Sujata might get attacked since she knew the truth. On the way he asked Swara
'How did you come to the apartment?'
'Scooty.' She replied
'Are you crazy? You rode Scooty so late at night? What if it had broken down like the other day?' he asked
Swara shuddered remembering the other day when her Scooty had broken down. Sanskar was shot on that day in front of her. She shrugged her shoulders and said 'Well, it didn't. So you can relax.'

Sanskar could not digest that she drove down alone at this late hour to see him...'Don't you ever feel fear?' he asked with annoyance. He was terrified of her driving alone on the streets. Swara did not say anything. She was amused with the thought that she went to see her Superman so where was the need to feel afraid but she did not say it aloud. A mysterious smile lit up her face. Sanskar watched her face and raised his eyebrows...'I don't trust that smile of yours. I am sure something naughty is going on in that tangled brain of yours.' he said
'Tangled? What do you mean tangled?' she asked
'Means it never works straight, like a maze, it keeps winding towards new paths.' he explained
'Are you complimenting me or insulting me? And by the way, don't think your brain works straight...You are more complicated than me... Weren't you planning revenge?' She asked
'That is why we are made for each other.' he laughed and said. She blushed. He was surprised.
He looked at the Moon and said amusedly 'Ah, Swara Bose blushes...'
She punched him on his arms and they laughed together...

The passing clouds watched them and thought 'Hope nothing makes a dent in their happiness....' But DESTINY chided the clouds....'You are forgetting that they are Soul mates...Who is going to spoil their happiness?'.....'

The passing clouds brooded 'One never knows. Hope they don't get affected by anybody's evil eye...'

Sanskar and Swara rushed to the ICU quickly as soon as they reached hospital. They came to a standstill at the entrance of the unit. Shekhar and Ram Prasad were lounging on the chairs and sleeping peacefully. Sanskar checked his watch. It was almost 3 am. Except for the roar of the air conditioners and ticking sounds of the medical equipment, the hospital was quiet. The night duty sisters were going about their job quietly. Sanskar peeped into the intensive care unit and saw his mother sleeping peacefully. He looked at Swara and heaved a sigh of relief. They were worried that the attacker or Adarsh who ever responsible for attempts on him might target Sujata. Thankfully everything was in order. Ram Prasad woke up with a cramp in his neck. Sanskar asked his dad and Shekhar to go home. He asked Swara also to go with them. Though she was hesitant, he was adamant so three of them left Sanskar at hospital..
.
Swara woke up late next morning but first thing she did was to call Sanskar and inquire about his mother. She was told that she was improving. Dida and Nivedita were planning to explore the New Market for Durga Puja. Her sister asked her about Sujata and she updated them. Swara reached office and she was surprised to find red orchids on her table. A simple 'Thank you' note in between the flowers made her day. She was so happy to see the flowers that she concluded that these were her favorite flowers.

Then all of a sudden, a group of her friends surrounded her to congratulate her. They came to know about her engagement to Sanskar
'Swara you freak...How could you hide such a thing from me?' Nadira asked
'She has turned out to be such a chupa rustam....'Suman teased
'Nahi yaar...It all happened in a jiffy...' Swara made some inane reply. How could she tell them that it was all a make believe engagement...

Sanskar was sitting beside his mother and engrossed in his own thoughts. They had shifted his mother to the room and he made sure that she got the best room in the hospital.They were doing tests today and the doctor assured him about her discharge the next day.

Annapurna and Parineeta visited his mother in the hospital. Sanskar was working on the laptop in the couch when his aunt and bhabhi visited his mother......