CHAPTER 24

'Swara ne mana kar diya Jiji..' Sujata informed the family sadly. She had her hopes pinned on Swara. Now all her dreams and hopes, she had for her son, came crashing down.
Sanskar could not understand the fury that was encompassing him. He felt like murder. How dare she!!!
'Arrey, what does she think of herself? Itna achcha rishta kahan milega usko? Anyway Sanskar was never interested in marriage so it is good that she turned it down.' Annapurna could not help gloating about it. She supposed that her plan worked. She glanced at Adarsh and they shared a triumphant smile.
Sanskar looked up at his aunt. He pondered over her pleasure. It was the same Annapurna who got angry with him for refusing Mrinal. Now she was happy about Swara declining the proposal. Why was his family so hard to understand? Look at Adarsh! Sanskar did not even know that Suraj and Adarsh competed for Nivedita's affections. It was only when she mentioned it that he knew of it. He tried to remember what Adarsh was doing on the day that Suraj died.
'Chachi, mujhe pata tha Swara mana karegi' Laksh said gleefully. Sanskar gave him a dirty glare,
'Really Laksh? I suppose she discussed this major decision of her life with a loser like you....' Sanskar taunted Laksh
'Sanskar.....Stop insulting him.' Sujata reprimanded Sanskar
'Why are you angry with him Sanskar? Don't vent your anger on someone else.....'Annapurna too joined Sujata in scolding Sanskar.

Ragini watched Sanskar's face for his reaction on Swara's refusal. She longed for love in the house. Her husband never even cared for her. So she started pinning her hopes on Sanskar on the rebound. Now she was jealous of anyone coming into Sanskar's life. Mrinal met her and Annapurna this morning to inform her about her affair with Sanskar. Ragini was shocked though she did not know that it was the vile plan of Annapurna. Annapurna asked Ragini to inform Swara about it. Thus she sent her sister a spate of messages. Swara just replied with one message that she knew about Mrinal and Sanskar.

Unaware of his wife's thoughts, Laksh continued to glower at Sanskar. He was so happy that Swara refused.No wonder he loved her so much. She had a mind of her own. Adarsh came to know through his mother about Guruji's warning and he was informed about Swara's horoscope being the perfect one for Sanskar. Like his mother, he hated Sanskar because his father seemed to love Sanskar and Suraj more than his own sons. He was seething with jealousy about Sanskar's success in business. Moreover Swara was Nivedita's sister and he was frightened about the truth coming out through Nivedita. If there was one person he was scared of, then it was Sanskar. Sanskar would not hesitate to punish Adarsh if the truth was ever exposed.

Back in his room, Sanskar called Swara

'Hello' her voice sounded husky from the other end

'I want to see you now Swara. Come out of your house, I will pick you up...' Why did he always talk to her as if she was his woman?

'Excuse me. I am not free right now. I am not available whenever you want to see me...OK?' She replied. Why did he always provoke her with his attitude? He spoke so sweetly to Nivu di.

'Really Swara.... Fine, I will come to your house then. We can talk in front of everyone. I have no problem...' He was about to cut the call

'Wait Sanskar...' she broke in

'What?'

'Why do you want to meet me?' Swara asked. She did not want him inside her house. Her dida and mother were already angry with her for refusing his proposal. She did not want any scene in front of them....But she was scared of meeting him. His eyes melted her. His touch turned her bones into water and the intensity in his eyes made her forget all reasoning. She was like a puppet in his hands.

'As if you don't know...Do I pick you up or see you in the house Swara? I don't have all the time in the world....' he asked Swara.

Swara made a face at the phone and told him that she would be ready in fifteen minutes. He said he would pick her up. An excitement bubbled in her but she took deep breathe.He was probably meeting her to know the reason for her refusal. He was going to demand an answer. Exactly after fifteen minutes, he picked her up. Swara was in jeans and shirt. She wanted to show him that she did not care how she looked but the fact was, she spent the last fifteen minutes in trying to look her best. God, the things a girl did when she wanted to impress her man...