CHAPTER 32

Sanskar saw the red stains in his hand and ran his hand over Swara's back. It was wet and sticky. He moved Swara slightly to inspect the source of the blood. There was a knife stuck at her back.

Dear Lord,Swara was stabbed. He looked around but he could not find anyone nearby. How the hell did he miss it? He saw many boats sailing but they were too far off for him to get a clearer look.

He noticed that she was stabbed between the shoulder blades at the back. They must have aimed at her neck and it got stuck below her shoulder. He felt for her pulses. Dread,as he had never felt before,rocked him.

With pounding heart and shaking fingers, he carried Swara into the boat cabin and got hold of the first aid box. The knife was embedded into her skin. He gently removed the knife as the blood spurt out. He hoped that her veins and arteries were not hit. He needed to stem the flow of her blood. He tore a bit of her lovely dress and applied pressure on the gash. He used a thick towel to press the wound.Then he woke her up by sprinkling water on her face.

'Swara ..... ' he shook her slightly and she opened her eyes. God...he hugged her and kissed her eyelids making her close them again.

'Be with me Swara, We will reach hospital shortly.' he told her anxiously and comforted her. Swara nodded her head slowly...He called up his sources in the foreign city to reach them immediately with medical assistance. He raced down to the helm of the boat and changed the course of the direction of boat and put it back on auto mode. He rushed back to Swara where she was writhing with pain. He would kill the person who did this. He wrapped the knife in a napkin. It was a small one with sharp edges. A fury, like never before, was taking over him but he controlled it for the moment. The yacht reached the shore and he carried Swara gently to the waiting ambulance.

They rushed to the hospital and Swara was immediately taken into the intensive unit. She had lost lot of blood and the doctors were concerned about it. Sanskar paced the hospital corridor up and down and made calls to some influential authorities in the city.

Around the same time, thousands of miles away in Kolkata, Sanskar's best friend Ishan was staging a drama at Maheshwari House to extract truth.

Durga Prasad was shocked to hear that they had come to arrest his wife. Annapurna was aghast.

'What are you saying inspector? Why do you want to arrest her? What did she do?' He asked the officer with confusion and anger

'Mr. Maheshwari, Your wife is responsible for all the attacks on your nephew Sanskar Maheshwari.' he explained

Annapurna was outraged 'What do you mean I was responsible? Why would I attack my own nephew?' She screamed at the official

'Do you have proof inspector?' Durga Prasad asked

'Yes, the man who stalked Sanskar everywhere has given statement that he got instructions from Mrs. Annapurna Maheshwari.'

Ram Prasad and Durga Prasad were appalled and gaped at her.

'Who is this person? Let me meet him. I did not ask anyone to stalk Sanskar. Have you people gone crazy?' She shrieked as if her world was coming to an end.

'Madam, whatever you have to say, please do it in the station. Right now, you have to come with us.' the inspector tried to make her see his point of view.

'I am not budging from this place. How dare you come in and arrest me? What proof do you have,other than this criminal you are talking about? He could be lying.' Annapurna asked him

'Adarsh, call our lawyer...' Durga Prasad instructed his son but Ram Prasad was quiet. He pondered over this development. He could not believe that his sister in law was the one responsible for the attacks on his son.