CHAPTER 30

They looked at each other like the sun and the moon, the wind and the sky, the fire and the water. They were as opposed to each other as the cosmic elements but as entwined as their harmony. Their love,as deep as the ocean, was destined to fight the tempest and counter every passing ship at night to face the bright dawn. DESTINY felt proud at the radiance of their love but decided to give them some more time to eliminate the dark shadow that marred the radiance.

Sanskar watched the myriad of emotions in Swara's eyes. The priest blessed them with many years of togetherness and happiness. Sanskar thanked him for the blessings but Swara did not react. The priest studied her face strangely and went back to his abode.

Sanskar waited for her explosion. He could have just told her about Hridoy's madness but he was scared like he had never before, for Swara. For, in the letter that he had found in Hridoy's room, he had mentioned the next day as their D-day with a small box of ring near the letter. There was also a tiny folded knife hidden inside the box. This triggered his alarm bells. He needed to do something drastic immediately to keep Swara safe. Marriage was the only option he could think of, to keep her protected till Hridoy and others were apprehended by the police or law. He could not expose her to a maniac like Hridoy. The place Hridoy called his flat reeked of his own blood and people like him would never hesitate to kill or destroy others for their obsession. Every damn place in the room was filled with Swara's images, drawings and pictures. Ishan asked Sanskar to explain to Swara about Hridoy but something told him that she would not believe him without evidence or proof. He didn't have time to go into explanation. He wanted to take her away from this place somewhere far. He wanted to keep her as safe as possible.

'What did you do Sanskar?' she asked very softly, too mildly for her own good.

'I just made you mine forever. Swara Sanskar Maheshwari.' He replied

'It is not funny Sanskar. You think what you did just now will make me take your name? What do you take me for? Some abla naari?' Her temper was slowly rising. He could feel it. It was like the slow build up of hurricane. It would come visiting as mild breeze and then it would rage like there was no stopping. He was sure Swara's fury was going to be like that. He waited for her to lash at him.

'No, I can never take you as abla naari. You are a lioness...'He replied and looked around. Thank god there was no one else here.

'This is no joke Sanskar. You think by putting that vermilion on my forehead, you will make me your wife? That happens only in movies, not in real life. Do you understand?' she asked him

He just shrugged his shoulders, 'Come on, let us move from here.'

'No, I am not budging from this place till you tell me the reason for this mad rush to bring me here and do that stupid thing.' she pointed at the aarti plate.

'Don't call it stupid. It was a life changing moment for me.' he said seriously

'Seriously? Why the hell did you not ask me before this bloody life changing moment for you?'

'Would you have agreed? You were so furious after seeing me with Mrinal that you asked me to fuck off when I proposed? Remember .....Swara Sanskar Maheshwari?' he taunted

'Don't call me that ok?' she yelled 'And you call that proposal? No sensible girl would have agreed to that mockery of a proposal? What do you take me for Sanskar? You know you are trying your best to make me hate you.'

'Do you?' he asked

'Do I what?'

'Do you hate me?' he asked her

'Yes right at this moment I do. And I am going to wipe this thing off...' she pointed at her forehead and continued 'because I don't believe in this nonsense. Marriage is a bond between two people who agree to spend a lifetime together. You and I don't even know if we want to spend together.'