CHAPTER 25

Adarsh and Laksh turned around and their jaws dropped with shock. Parineeta's eyes widened with stupefaction and Ragini who was hovering nearby and listening to their conversation dropped the glass she had in her hand...

Swara was wearing an electric yellow dress that showed little bit of her midriff. It was made of light chiffon. She looked gorgeous and alluring in it. As she entered the Maheshwari house,the first person she saw was Sanskar. He looked so handsome in black suit that she would have ogled at him all day long. He came forward as soon as he saw Swara. He welcomed her family and ushered them in. Nivedita along with Swara's parents attended the party. 

His arm went around Swara's waist possessively while ushering her in. She looked at him questioningly, Sanskar smiled
'Look at my awesome brothers and sisters in law. They will faint with shock. Let us have some fun. Just pretend to love me....' He winked at her and said
Swara could not help but find the expressions of Ragini, Parineeta, Laksh and Adarsh funny. Sanskar took her to the stupefied group and said
'So Adarsh, I took your advice and decided to marry Swara' he pulled her closer and looked at her intimately. Swara would have blushed if she had not known that he was acting.
'But Swara refused you....Sanskar' Laksh blurted out. Sanskar shrugged his shoulder and gazed at Swara,
'I did but Sanskar managed to convince me Laksh....And now I am happy.' Swara replied looking at Sanskar warmly. He raised his eyebrows at her and mouthed 'Not bad...' only she could see him.

Both of them noticed that Adarsh had gone pale. He was gaping at Nivedita with such an expression that Swara felt like protecting her sister. There was so much yearning, lust, fear and happiness on his face that Swara felt disgusted. For god's sake he was married and his wife was standing next to him. Still he was staring at Nivedita as if she was his long lost lover. She hoped Pari bhabhi did not notice her husband but Parineeta was more concerned about Swara and Sanskar's marriage. She asked some inane questions to Sanskar. Ragini came forward and pulled Swara aside. 

'Swara, what is this? Didn't you refuse his proposal then what is this new drama?' she asked Swara
Swara was surprised. She did not expect Ragini to be so upset or question her like this....
'What drama Ragini? Why are you so upset?' Swara asked
'Swara, I told you he was having an affair with Mrinal. Still you accepted him.' Ragini lashed out at her. Swara frowned but explained 'Yes Ragini, I know but that is his past.'
'You really think Swara? Men like Sanskar never change. Watch out, he will betray you soon. And what is this dress Swara? How can you dress like this and come here?' She asked frustratingly
Sanskar joined them and replied 'What is wrong with Swara's dress Ragini? I love it...' he said with a twinkle. Ragini goggled at both of them and walked away with a sniff.

Swara watched Ragini walk away thoughtfully. Sanskar could not take his eyes away from Swara. She looked so enchanting and that perfume of hers...She took his breath away. He was reminded of the song 'Take my breath away' from the film Top Gun.

'You are wearing a new perfume.' he whispered into her ears. Swara stepped away and glared at him but she did not reply. What intrigued Sanskar so much about Swara was that she never took his praises seriously though he meant them. With others, he would flatter them meaninglessly and they would take it so seriously. Here he was, complimenting her so sincerely but she hardly took them seriously. And he did not want to move away from her side. He wanted to announce to the world that she was his woman.
'Sanskar, did you notice Adarsh's expression after Nivu di entered. He looked as if he would explode.'
'Hmm....' Sanskar replied with a grunt. How could he tell her that from the moment she entered, he did not notice anyone else? He wanted to take her away from this place and crowd and tell her that he was crazy about her.
'What hmmm.....? Did you see or not?' Swara asked with irritation. 'And Sanskar, I don't want to leave Di alone. Adarsh scares me.' Swara said hesitatingly
'Don't worry about her. Look who she is talking to....'he pointed out to her. Swara turned around to see Ishan standing next to her sister and making conversation.
'He will take care of her since he already knows the whole story.' Sanskar explained to her.