CHAPTER 40

Sanskar and Swara gaped at each other for god knows how long.....Sharmishta, Shekhar, Dida and even Laksh surrounded her to inquire about her well being....Swara frowned at all of them..... Laksh asked her

'Where were you Swara? We were supposed to meet at the mall and you never turned up. Where did you go?' All of them waited for her reply anxiously.

Swara glanced at Sanskar. He continued to stand in the same spot and did not say anything. He too waited for her reply. She was about to explain about the wedding but she stopped herself. She had promised Karan and Nadira that she would not breathe about it to a single soul. Moreover there were police personnel moving around the Baadi so she lied,

'I lost my way and had to find my way back...' Everyone was confounded

'You lost your way?' her family chorused. Swara nodded, observing Sanskar's reaction. He narrowed his eyes which clearly stated that he did not believe her. His eyes ran over her new dress and her open hair. She was still dressed in the pink chiffon skirt that Nadira had gifted her.

'If you lost your way, you could have called us....'Laksh told her

'Well, there was no charge in the phone......so.....'She shrugged her shoulders.The policemen looked at her as if she had gone mad...Their evening was spoiled.

'We still need to have the talk Swara...' Laksh began but Dida intervened

'No, Laksh.Till their marriage, Swara will not go outside alone.Tomorrow, we will come to your house for Satyanarayan puja....You can talk to her then.' Dida told him sternly

'You are getting married???' Laksh asked, looking at Sanskar and Swara

Sanskar glared at Laksh as if he had lost his brains and Swara just rolled her eyes....

'Laksh tum kaunsi duniya mein rehte ho? Tumko maalum nahi tumhara bhaiyya ka shaadi honewala hai?' Dida chided him...

The police officers asked Sanskar something and he moved away after a quick glance at Swara. Swara was disappointed. She wanted to say so many things to him but he seemed distant. Swara watched him leaving the Baadi. Laksh too left after Dida took Swara away to the house.There were hundreds of instructions from Dida on what to do and what not to do before the wedding....

'Dida, enough...chakkar aa raha hai...'

'Pata hai, how worried Sanskar was when he arrived here? You should be more responsible Swara. You are not a young carefree girl anymore.There is another person in your life now. Think about him first....' Dida advised and Swara sighed. She hugged Dida and kissed her ' Dida, please....I want to sleep now...May I go?'

When she reached her room, she put her phone on charge and called Sanskar but he did not pick up the phone. She sent a 'Sorry :) sealed with a kiss' message. She waited for some time but there was no reply. She picked up the teddy bear and hugged it. She fell into a deep sleep. She did not know that Sanskar came to Baadi after dealing with the officials. He saw the message and reached Baadi but she was deep asleep by then. Her mother informed him. Though he wanted to barge into Swara's room and watch her sleep, he respected her family too much. He went back to his house and waited for the morning to arrive....

Ragini counted the hours to morning..... The storm was raging outside and her feeling was similar to its fury. Yes, like the storm she would also destroy everything. Laksh never came home these days but she did not care. Sanskar came home and that mattered to her...

Sanskar read the message from Swara many times but he wondered about her absence today. He knew she lied about getting lost.There was some other reason so he waited for her to tell him. It was 2 at night but there was no sign of the storm abating. The howling wind made one nervous. He hoped that by morning, it would stop. He picked up his phone and studied the wall picture of Swara....