Chapter Two

"Rules"

I reached under the table to hold her hand but she pulled her hand away and it made a loud clunk.

"Rule number one, Obey the orders you get, if you don't you will be punished.

She glared over at dad.

"Rule number two, don't give me dirty looks."

"Can you please let me go I swear I won't tell a soul?"

I looked at her and she looked back.

"Now that isn't going to happen."

A timer went off and Mom got up and opened the over.

"Charles." She nodded towards the cabinet with the plates and cups. I got up and gout out four plates. I set one in my spot, dads, moms, last my girl. Mom put mashed potatoes, Meat strips, green beans, salt and pepper, on the table. We all were now sitting at the table.

"So honey what is your name?" I asked while pilling food onto her plate.

She didn't look up from her legs.

"Don't make him ask again."

She looked up "Its Caroline."

"That a pretty name. "She huffed at me after I said that.

"No attitude, now eat." We all scarfed down our food as she sat there picking at her plate.

"Thank you for dinner Mom it was delicious." She looked at me with a big bright smile.

"Thank you honey I hoped that you guys would enjoy it."

"Caroline stop picking at your food and eat it." She picked up a small strip of meat and shoved it into her mouth.

"What kind of meat is this?"

"What did I say NO asking questions."

"Well I am not hungry." She spat the meat out and pushed the plate forward.

"Thank you Mom for dinner."

I got out of the chair and ripped Caroline out of her chair.

"Ow."

I dragged her up the stairs and threw her on the bed. I went into the dresser and grabbed out a blue shirt and threw it to her.

"Go change NOW."

She jumped up and waked into the bathroom about a minute later she came out, her hair was now down. Before she was even out of the bathroom for ten seconds I slapped her so hard she hit the floor.

She grabbed her face and tears started rolling down her face.

"PLEASE CHARLIE."

Right then and there I remembered who I was and I wasn't a monster who hit women.

I put out my hand to help her get up but she did grab onto them, instead she propped herself up with the bed.

I went to the other side of the bed and laid down. I turned my body so that I was now facing her.

"You know I don't enjoy hurting you."

"I don't care just stop."

After she said that it made me feel really guilty. I turned back over to my original position.

"Goodnight Charlie, and I know you aren't a bad person, you just do bad things because you were raised into this, You know in your heart you can change, but you don't.