Chapter Five

"The News"

I awoke to my arms sore and my head pounding like a hammer to a nail. I went to push the hair out of my face but I couldn't.

"CHARLIE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I looked down and I was tied to a chair,in the basement. I heard the door creak open and there stood a tall silhouette of a guy.

"Charlie!" help me.

He didn't answer but he walked down the stairs. He knelled down infront of me.

I could make out his face but it was Charles or Rick.

"Who are you?" Right as I asked that Charles came down.

"Noah!" He shouted.

"Sorry I was just trying to scare her."He laughed.

"Alright get out of here." He playfully pushed him away.

"Charlie why am I down here all tied up." I said

"Because you locked the door that is against the rules." He pushed a piece of hair out of my face.

I pushed his hand away with my head.

"Charles this isn't you." I said trying to plead with him.

He smacked me and I fell to the floor. I landed on my arm.

He picked the chair back up.

"You need to listen to me, you will be down here for three days, and if you try to get out." He smiled and walked towards the stairs.

"The baby."

He stopped in his tracks and turned on his heels.

"What are you talking about?"

"The baby, What if I'm pregnant." He looked down in shame.

"I had to do it you broke a rule."

He walked closer to me.

He knelt down and caressed my face, next thing I know I felt a shot of pain shoot up from my check to my head I couldn't feel my right check. Everything went blurry and I couldn't see. I could hear Charles muffled voice.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again." Everything went black.

I woke to the smell of food. I reached up and my hands weren't bound. I was in Charles bedroom.

I got up and went into the bathroom. I had blood in my hair a busted lip and a black eye.

"What did you do to me?" I whispered.

The sound of the creaky door opening made me jump. But the person who walked in didn't scare me at all. It was a little boy about three or four.

"Wt happen?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.

I knelt down and looked at him.

"It's okay." I smiled at him.

"wu luc hut." He pointed and my eye.

"Yeah it okay honey."

Somebody else walked into the room it was Charlie.

"What are you doing in here?" He picked him up.

"Who is that?"

"This is Gabe."

Charles set him down, "Go back down to mommy." He said with a smile.

He ran down out of the room.

"You should take a shower and when you are done come down stairs." He smiled at me and pushed a strand of hair out of my face.

I went to go into the bathroom and get a towel and there was a huge dent in the cabinet. I opened it and grabbed out a couple of towels.

I turned on the shower and the water stung my face.

I was done about 20 minutes later. I went out and got out a yellow sun dress white lace pipping. I put my hair in a bun and walked down stairs.

Everybody I was assuming was sitting at the table.

"Waiting for me?" I thought to myself.

A girl ran up to me and hugged me she looked about my age.

"Hi we been waiting to see you ever since we got the news." She smiled.

"The news?"