Chapter Twelve

"You Hurt Him"

Caroline's POV
He grabbed my hand and dragged it from his throat down to his belly button. The adrenaline coursed through my veins as I did this.

It felt kinda good to take a step back from reality for a second. No what am i thinking?

I cant be enjoying this this is murder this is wrong. What has happened to me I used to be so innocent.

The blood pouring out of his body and onto the cold concrete floor made me sick.

Charlie let go of my hand and I stopped and stood there. Looking at a dead man because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.
He could have had a family, kids he had to have been happy.

I wiped a tear from my eye and in rage I ripped the knife out of the cop and shoved it into Charles stomach.

He fell to the floor pulling me down with him. He grabbed a chink of my hair and i yelped in pain.

"What are you doing?" He yelled at me.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." I shoved the blade deeper in o his stomach and he let go of my hair.

"You bitch." I tried to get away but he grabbed onto my ankle.

"DAD!" He shouted.

Seconds later Rick came running into the basement. Rick grabbed my leg and pulled me away from Charles.

"BETH THE NEEDLES!"  She came running down with a needle Rick shoved it into my arm and everything went black.

I woke up and my arms were once again bound to a chair not a bed this time. I looked over but the body wasn't there.

Rick and Beth must have taken care of the cop and Charles. There was a huge pool of blood on the floor about 5 feet ahead of me.
My head was pound and all I could do was sit there and hope I was okay. I sat there for hours in silence nobody came down to check on me.

For the first time in a while I thought about the baby. There is no way I could have it now. Not with him or his family. Thinking about it made me sick.

But I could think of nothing else but that. It must have been hours until somebody opened that door. I could see a beam of light from upstairs. It was Beth, she walked further down the steps and glanced at me.

"You almost killed my son." She twisted her fingers in front of her.

"I...I had to." I mumbled. It took me a lot to say that I was in so much pain.

"You, will be punished to the full extent." She looked down at her feet and let her hands drop to her sides.

A tear fell from my eye and I couldn't wipe it off my face.

"Please, I didn't want to kill him I just want to get away." I tried to plead with her but it did nothing.

She turned away and paused in her tracks.
" If we loose him you are going to regret it."

***

Days went by no food no water I didn't know how I was going to survive. My wrists had sores on them and I was loosing weight fast. I hadn't eaten anything in a while.

I would eat anything even that awful meat. Oh the meat would taste so good right now. The baby would appreciate it too. Its probably barley holding on to it's life.

I felt so guilty, this was all my fault. I had to love him to survive.