Chapter Seven

"The Night Before"

He rolled over and wrapped his arms around me. His grip was tight but I managed to wiggle out of his grip.

"Why?" He asked.

I thought he was asleep I groaned.
H

He flipped over onto his side so that we were back to back.

The thought of being pregnant with this monsters kid made me sick. I tried to sleep, just thinking of was to get out of here made me sleepy.

Charlie's POV

Before we left I gave Caroline a kiss.

"Ready?" Noah motioned at the door.

"Pushy much." He laughed.

I threw on my work boots and used pushed my hair out of my face.

"Let's go." I grabbed the keys and unlocked the door. I looked back at Caroline before we walked out.

I shut the door and locked it behind me. We got into the car, and drove for about an hour while before we got into town. It was dark so I hoped we didn't look suspicious.

Noah jumped out of the car and followed me in. He hadn't been here very often because his dad did most of the shopping.

I pulled out two lists and they read.

List 1

Eggs, flour, diapers, sugar, oat meal.

I handed list one to Noah and he headed off to get the items.

I opened list two

Milk, lemons, pregnancy test, bacon.

I went to get the lemons and they we all almost rotten. A worker came out and asked.

"Do you need any help?"

I turned around and answered.

"Do you guys have any lemons that aren't rotten?" She chuckled and walked away. About a minute later she came back and handed me 4 lemons that weren't rotten.

After we got everything Colby and I met back up at the front and checked out. The last thing I grabbed was the test.

"Can I please have the Clear Blue?" I pointed behind him.

He grunted and grabbed one off of the shelf.

"Expecting?"

Noah shot him a look that he would never forget.

He finished ringing us up.

"That will be $75.90."

"What?" Noah looked at him.

"Yeah the test was $35.99." He stared back.

"It's okay." I handed the guy a hundred dollar bill.