Chapter Four

Caroline's pov
Beth and I started to clean after Rick and Charles left.

"Here."She handed me a bucket and a mop.

"Use hot soapy water and make sure you really scrub the floor." She flashed me a smile.

I put a couple drops of the dish soap and waited for the water to get hot. I put the bucket in the sink and it filled up. After it was filled I put it down on the floor and scrubbed as hard as I could.

“No Honey, We don’t want to damage the floor. “She let out a little chuckle.

I smiled back at her.

“When are they going to be back?”

She looked down from cleaning the counters.

“Not for a while.” She continued.

After about three hours of straight cleaning we finally cooked dinner.

“I’ll be right back.” She smiled.

She went into the basement and came back about two minutes later.

She had a chunk of meat.

“What kind of meat is it?”

She didn’t answer.

Beth got out a huge pot, filled it with hot water and put the meat in it.

“How come you guys are so protective of telling me what kind of meat it is?

“BECAUSE IT DOESN’T MATTER TO YOU.”  She snapped

I started to wash the potatoes and then peel them. After they were done I mashed them together and seasoned them.

Charlie’s POV

We had just got done chopping and skinning the kids. It took longer than usual because Dad I guess was getting older.

“Put them in the container after dinner we will come and get the meat.” I nodded at his command.

“You know you are going to have to tell her sooner or later right?”

“Yeah, but now is not the time.” I looked back at Dad grabbing a shovel.

“We could grind the bones instead of burring them this time.” I suggested

“No Charlie I’m sorry that take up way too much time and we don’t really need the bone meal.” He turned away.

“Dad?”

“Yes Son?”
“When did this tradition start like you know the Cannibalism?”

“I don’t really know my Father never told me, I asked him the same question but he didn’t answer.”

When we got done we went out back and started digging a hole for the bones.

It took about an hour to dig it, put the bones in, and re fill it.

We started walking back to the house and nothing was said.

We reached the house and I could smell the meat and I knew that Dad could too.

“Smells good.” Dad said and smiled at me.

“Brings back memories.” I smiled back at him.

I reached for the door handle I unlocked it and Mom and Caroline were sitting at the table.

Caroline was so beautiful I’m happy she is mine.

Caroline’s POV

Charles walked over to me. He pressed his lips against mine and ran his hand down my back stopping when reaching my butt.

He whispered “Our kids are going to be beautiful.” He turned around on his heels and walked away.

I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom and threw up. I locked the door when I was done. The thought of ME having kids with HIM made me sick.

“Caroline?”

My stomach dropped. He jiggled the door handle and started to shout.

“Caroline WE HAVE RULES FOR A REASON IF YOU BREAK THEM WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING THEM.” He let out a little chuckle.

I put all of my body weight onto the door. I flew forward and everything went black.