First Day of School

The first day of school always sucks. Especially for people like me. I'm not one of the nerdiest but I'm definitely not popular. My three best friends are Rayanne, Michaela, and Anabelle. I'm Lyla and this year will be better than last, if only because I am a sophomore, not a freshman.
    I won't be turning 16 until April 1st, so I'm forced to take the bus,  due to the fact that ever since my older brother got a new girlfriend, he is ALWAYS with her. That and well, my brother is a douchebag. He almost agreed to taking me to school until he said I had to pay him. I threatened to tell my parents but he said they were nothing but "idle threats. " So taking the bus is it. At least Michaela and Rayanne will be on the bus.
   I don't have a boyfriend and that is fine with me. Rayanne is the boy crazy one of the group. I figure I have plenty of time for that, but it never stops me from having crushes. The only time I've been on a date was in 8th grade and it was a group of kids. Turned out the guy didn't like me, anyways.  G ood. He was too sweaty.
I am an above average student, which makes my parents happy but I can't say I love school. The worst part is gym class or P.E. I have known from a young age that I am not athletically inclined. I trip over my feet, over anything, really. During volleyball last year, I managed to smack myself in the face with a ball. Dont ask.