Caught Up

I never imagined I would be this popular. Most certainly not at an American school! Back home, I had friends but noone bothered me or thought to follow me around. Now I practically have my own fan club.
During lunch, I often sat outside. My host "mom" packed me the same thing everyday, hummus and pita bread, an apple, and celery sticks. I'm not sure what she thought I was used to eating, but it certainly wasn't that! I tossed it in the bin everyday but I never told Mrs. Sullivan. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Today I was meeting a girl. She said she wanted to talk "music" but I knew better. Bailey was a few inches shorter than me, big blue eyes and a killer body. I knew she was after one thi ng. After meeting Amy, the "easy"ones were easy to spot.  Only this tiime, my heart would stay detatched. I said hello as I approached her car. Technically we weren't on school grounds. Her car was parked in the empty lot across the street. " I ve been waiting twenty minutes," she fumed. " Sorry," I shrugged my shoulders. " Let me make it up to you, " I said in a low voice. She reached over to let me in. We went out on a date that Friday.Bailey was good-looking but not my type. We had a few more hook-ups and surprisingly, she is the one who called it off. I had had fun but I wasn't devasted at all. Two weeks later she was hanging on some football player. Figures... I never understood casual sex. Bailey and I had nothing in common.She was fun to shag, but I wasn't sorry and the last thing I wanted was to be known as a "douchebag." Fun was fun but maybe I wanted a girl with more substance. I could only think of a few girls I had met who would not bore me. Lyla was sweet, like how Amy used to be, or maybe never was. I will never fully understand.  I could guess Lyla is a virgin and I would never take or ask that from anyone. Maybe a nice girl was what I needed...
     Honestly, I need to focus on something else. So I started writing lyrics again. I had half a notebook full of songs that noone had ever heard. I began working on writing the music for one song I liked. Mrs. Sullivan would hear me play and stop to listen.  She said I was "good." I don't know if I would do this for a living but nothing else gave me as much joy as playing my guitar.