The Truth Will Set You Free

The next few weeks, Ed was on edge. We even argued over dumb things. We never argued. But then something happened that changed everything.
     Most kids were anxiously waiting for summer vacation. Almost 8 weeks left. Ed wasn't sure if he was going back home. Most likely he would spend most of the summer there. Annabelle sat with her new friends but shot us evil looks. Ed was getting worried that he could be the father. I tikd him that didn't make sense. Annabelle would start showing soon. But she was as thin as ever. Possibly even smaller. People still whispered and stared whenever Ed walked by. I held his hand, to reassure him after all of this, he had me. Best friend first and foremost.
       Annabelle was caught in her own lie when she asked someone in the bathroom for a tampon. " Ha!" " You liar!" Annabelle froze. Then she replied, "Ok, so I freaked out for nothing." "It was my freaking birth control." " Doctor had to change the dose, " So sue me," she smirked. I was suddenly furious. "You owe Ed a big apology!" " I dont owe anyone, anything." " Besides, I heard he is going back home soon." " Not until school is out,"I retorted. "Lyla, take your gingered out boyfriend and get out of my life!" " Oh, my pleasure!" " I'm done with you, Annabelle!"
    I was so furious, I almost got hit by a car on the way home! Stupid car didn't even stop, I had to swerve to miss it! I missed the bus, but it wasn't that far. Five miles, I could do this. Luckily I didn't have to go too far, Ed drove by and yelled my name. He motioned for me to go into the drugstore parking lot. He didn't say anything as he reached across the seat to open the door. "Did you hear the news?!" " Annabelle was caught in her own lie today, she asked Marissa Thompson for a tampon in the restroom today." " She isn't pregnant!" Ed should have been celebrating with me; then again, I never really believed Annabelle's story. " Ed, are you ok?" Ed seemed unsure of what to say. He fiddled with some loose change in his hands. "Lyla, I have something I need to tell you."