Be Careful Who You Trust

Monday at school I tried to act casual. Annabelle wasn't at lunch, which was odd and I hadn't seen Ed all day. If the other girls knew anything, they were being secretive.
     After school, I was surprised when a popular girl came up to me. Not that I was invisible, I really didn't have any kind of status as a sophomore. "Hey aren't you the girl Ed took to the dance?" " Sort of, I'm Lyla and I asked him."  " Oh I thought.." " Nevermind..." She  almost walked away before I had a chance to reply. " Aren't you Bailey?" " You are dating a football player, A senior,right?" " Yes I just thought  you and Ed were a couple, sorry I didn't know but if you were a couple, I would be careful." I knew people liked to gossip,but I couldn't believe anything bad about Ed. " Thanks for the warning but we are just friends." Bailey looked almost relieved as she replied," Good, it is probably better that way." She seemed sincere but I didn't really know her.
     I decided to play it cool. Not that I was hoping for a chance with Ed, it was just in case that girl was right.
I paid attention to stuff people were saying about Ed, but I didn't comment. I hadn't heard from him since the dance. Thanksgiving would be here soon. I wonder what Ed's plans were. Then I realized,he is British, I'm pretty sure they don't celebrate.
     If Annabelle was seeing Ed, she was being mysteriously quiet about it. I thought she would brag. Then my fears were confirmed. One day after school I saw Ed and Annabelle kissing by his locker, which happened to be across from mine. Great. I ignored them as much as I could, but it was hard. Yes, I know Ed and I were not a couple ever, but she had to have known that I liked him. I was just about to leave when I heard Ed call my name." Hi Ed", I said this rather calmly, he no longer made me nervous. " I haven't talked to you since the dance." "How are you?" " Been practicing the guitar?" " Yes, a little bit." Actually, I've been practicing alot but he didn't need to know that. " Good, if you need any help,let me know." " Ok,thanks but I found this really good tutorial for beginners." " "The guy demonstrates what strings you hold, frets for each chord." " Are you busy this Friday?" Ed asked. " I'm not sure, why?" " My cousin Corey is visiting." " I thought we could all go out." " You mean a double date?" " Yeah, Corey is a good mate and so are you,besides I wouldn't let him date a skank." " Uh, I'm glad you don't think of me as a skank," I said with a little laugh. " " So is that a yes?" " Well.." but Annabelle spoke for me. " Sounds like a yes to me." " We will pick you up at 7:00." And there it was. She left me standing there as her and Ed walked away whispering and holding hands. How would I get out of this?!