New Kid

The only part of the day I enjoyed was lunch. I could sit and talk with my three best friends and convince myself that high school was not as bad as it seemed. I am a terrible liar.
    P.e. is third period, right before luch. So far, I have been on time and participating as much as I have to. We are doing tennis for two weeks. I am terrible at it but it is not as horrible as I imagined. I'm actually having fun...a little.
    I was at my locker, getting my uniform which was black sweats and a red t-shirt. (My school did away with a real uniform a few years ago, you could wear anything, just about).I was not in any hurry to get to the gymnasium.  I really had planned on going the long way. I couldn't help but notice a red-haired boy with a guitar case slung over one shoulder.  He looked pretty lost and confused. " Hi I'm Lyla and you look pretty lost." The boy smiled and I almost melted. " Hello My name is Ed." " I'm looking for the music room." I laughed a little," You are really lost." " The band room is on the first floor, I'm headed that way." " Thanks Lyla, I mean for helping a bloke like me." His British accent only added to his cuteness but I was cool as ever. " No problem." We walked in silence , most of the way. The halls were becoming more empty, the bell had just rung. I would definitely be late but I was being helpful. Being helpful was more important than being prompt,  I reasoned. We reached the band room and Ed extended his free hand. " Thanks, mate." " Looks like I'm at the right place." Not in any hurry to get to class, I asked him about his guitar. " I am here to start the guitar lessons, I will be assisting the teacher." " How did you get a job like that?!" " Are you being paid.?" "No," Ed chuckled. " It is a long story, maybe I will tell you someday, but I am a foreign exchange student." I had more questions for Ed but I was interrupted by a tall, dark- haired and very good-looking man, who I assumed was the teacher. " Hello, you must be Edward." " I'm Mr. Perry. Ed shook hands with the teacher and said," I'd like to be called Ed, if you don't mind." " Sure Ed." " Everyone is getting set-up, why don't you introduce yourself and show them some basic techniques on holding the guitar and where to place your fingers." " I will be in the class soon." Ed smiled and thanked me again. I never imagined we would have guitar lessons, only because it was not a traditional instrument. I had to join that class; it would get me out of gym!