Complicated

I'm pretty sure Ed did not want to tell anyone about us. Actually, I didn't know if there was an "us", but I knew we were more than friends. Annabelle didn't mention Ed anymore, maybe she was over him. I didn't know anymore...
     Ed invited me over to his house. It has been three days since the "kiss". Ed and I talked but things seemed different. I was wondering if I had made a mistake. We were alone again but it would only be for half an hour, his host parents would be home soon. Would he kiss me again or tell me it wasn't going to happen again? Ed was sitting in the chair by the desk so I sat down on his bed. He turned off the computer, not saying anything. He came over to sit on the bed. I leaned in close, hoping he would kiss me but he pulled back. " Lyla, I need to talk to you about what happened last time." " It shouldn't have happened, I'm sorry." I was speechless, I was not expecting that. " So, you didn't want to kiss me, but you did!" " Lyla, I liked kissing you but it was bad timing." " My head is a mess, I need time to think." " Yeah, do you want me to leave now?" I was shaken up a little. I just wanted to go home. " No, I don't want you to go, I hope we can still be friends " he said as he tried to hold my hand. " Ed, I thought we were more than friends, I'm confused." " Lyla,I was in over my head."  "Annabelle wasnt a horrible girlfriend, but there wasnt a real connection." " I didnt want to break-up with her, only to start snogging her friend." I was really confused but didnt say anything. " I have always liked you, but i didn't want to ruin our friendship." " Do you forgive me, Lyla?" " I honestly never meant to hurt you." " Yeah, im fine and i forgive you." But i wasnt fine, not even close...